Your Comments on 04 -05 Subaru WRX STI - Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Your Comments on 04 -05 Subaru WRX STI - Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, I am interested in what others have to say about the 04 or 05 Subaru WRX STI models. ...

Question Your Comments on 04 -05 Subaru WRX STI - Sedan

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in what others have to say about the 04 or 05 Subaru WRX STI models. I am interested in getting one soon and would like to see what are some positive and negative thought, reviews, and what interests and non interests are. Since ill be a first time Subaru buyer, maybe some heads up advice would be great also. I would like to know anything about the motor, body, wheels, upgrades, performance etc. Also about the financial side of things, gas consumption, upgrades prices, regular maintenance costs, just any useful tip would be nice. I do thank anyone ahead of time for the feed back.

Rods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The '04/'05 STI are often times considered the best ones to to own...

You want a car that has maintenance records (I haven't been the best at keeping mine). If you can't prove that a maintenance was done, I would focus on doing that pronto after purchase. Possibly use this as a way to lower purchase price.

You want a compression/leakdown test done before purchasing. Make sure to bring the car to a 3rd party for a PPI; depending on your location, bringing it to a performance shop that deals with these cars would be a good idea.

The other obvious things to look for like low miles, few owners, accident history (although, not all accidents may show on something like Carfax), and few/no modifications (be aware that it's common practice to part out a car of all aftermarket components before selling it, so be sure to check for this).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

There are a few differences.

04 sti.

5x100
    No rear quarter flares.
    Center Console is the 02-04 wrx style, not the 05+
    04 sti airbag/steering wheel.
    04 sti cluster is nicer.

05 sti
    5x114.3
    Rear quarter flares.
    Center console is 05+ style.

other than that they are pretty much the same.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that the 04 STis have a 10/90 option for power when you pull the ebrake up 1 click, making the car mostly RWD.

pretty sure this is not done on any other models.

Thanks EJ257 for the useful tips before I purchase a Subaru WRX STI. Ill do my research before I buy the car.

-Rods

Thanks SilverCookie for the useful information about the wheel bots specs and the useful information about the flares and the differences in the body style. I have another question about the suspension of the 04 and 05. Which of the two has a better suspension and could be modified better? Thanks!

-Rods

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    I believe, and I could be wrong, that the 04 STis have a 10/90 option for power when you pull the ebrake up 1 click, making the car mostly RWD.

pretty sure this is not done on any other models.
    Thanks for the tip. So when you say the 04 has the 10/90 options, does that mean the e braking pressure against the pad to the rotor? Or.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.