Hello from elpaso

This is a discussion on Hello from elpaso within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, everybody. I an aspiring wrx owner. Trying to buy one today actually. I've wanted one for quite a while ...

Hello from elpaso

Hey, everybody. I an aspiring wrx owner. Trying to buy one today actually. I've wanted one for quite a while now so fingers crossed!
    I'm trying for a 2013 wrx base with a SPT exhaust and SPT short throw shifter. I figured I'd get s good drop in filter and stay with just that for a while till I got the money for a down pipe and Cobb. I don't need a tune for a drop-in right?
    Anyways I'm in elpaso so if there's anybody on here in the area I'm new her and looking for people to hang out with.... Later

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

The drop-in filter isn't really going to do anything for you, and the stock filter does a better job of filtering than most drop-ins.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Hello from elpaso

Welcome dude. There are a few of us stuck in this area, the local forum is EPAWD (http://epawd.forumotion.com/) usually there are meets every Saturday. Some people are regulars, others (like me, every couple months) come a couple times and disappear, to reappear later. The guy who heads up the meets is named Donald, think his tag on EPAWD is STi2Envy or something close.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Dont bother with a drop in filter as it can throw things off a bit.

Just save the money and use it for other things. Read up before you do anything!