New member, new to Subaru and wrx. Owen an 05 wrx for 8 months now
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member, new to Subaru and wrx. Owen an 05 wrx for 8 months now within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I first got the car it was beat up. I right away got to work. Took me tree months ...

New member, new to Subaru and wrx. Owen an 05 wrx for 8 months now

When I first got the car it was beat up. I right away got to work. Took me tree months of having it ripped apart in my garage before I could even drive it. That was hell lol I don't have a lot of mod's yet but here is the list of ones I can think of

UTEC
    turboxs down pipe
    Apexi exhaust dp back (not cats)
    Air intake (not sure of the brand)
    dual core aluminum radiator
    BOV atmosphere(not sure the brand)
    Skid plate (home made out of 1/4 aluminum diamond plate) Light and now I can drive over what ever I want
    TEIN S-Tech Springs
    Gates racing timing belt kit (water pump and all idlers)
    MAC valve 3 Port Boost Controller Solenoid
    new timing belt covers
    front CV Axle Shafts (both)
    HID low beams
    Body kit that was on the car when I got it. (plan on changing it this summer)
    18" ASA
    Hankook tires 225/45/18

I know there is more, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else. It has all been kind of a blur so far. I have been replacing and upgrading everything to make it a fun everyday driver. I want to make it as reliable as possible.

I just installed the UTEC a month ago and am still in the process of tuning. If anyone knows a lot about these and could give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

What are you having trouble on with the UTEC?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! pics??
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone pic's 203.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	111766

Here is one pic. More in my profile

UTEC, I have it hooked up and everything works fine, I just really need to take more time to work on it and get it tuned. The last two day's I have been trying to get this data logging software to work but I'm not having any luck. It is the free UTEC.logger that I found on Nasioc. I'm thinking of down loading one that you have to pay for and maybe that will work better. I also need to get a wideband yet.

Any suggestions on data logging software?

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Other than the Mitsubishi-like non STi wing, it looks great!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth55
    UTEC, I have it hooked up and everything works fine, I just really need to take more time to work on it and get it tuned. The last two day's I have been trying to get this data logging software to work but I'm not having any luck. It is the free UTEC.logger that I found on Nasioc. I'm thinking of down loading one that you have to pay for and maybe that will work better. I also need to get a wideband yet.

Any suggestions on data logging software?
    You talking about the one NITROS put out?

Are you working with a custom tune or one of the base maps TXS put out? Where does the UTEC take over control? Is it a MAF or SD map?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I kinda like it. I'm not usually a fan of mesh wheels like that, but they do look good on this car. Good job bring it back from the dead
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.