Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, im a new member and i currently own a 2011 Lexus IS250 with the premium package, its all ...

Hi everyone, im a new member and i currently own a 2011 Lexus IS250 with the premium package, its all stock and whatnot. Great car but i find it very very boring to drive

Anyways I've been looking for a new car since my older sister's bmw is about to die and my dad is planning on giving my car to her and then my options are open

I currently live in the Tampa area (FL) and i recently just went to Mastro Subaru and saw this very nice hatchback wrx there that was a 2011 used w/ 30k miles

What i can't decide over is to either get this car or a brand new wrx sedan, or a new BRZ

What do you guys think?

Link: Used Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX AUTO For Sale in Tampa FL | Vin: JF1GR7E67BG828539

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man. It depends on your needs. I had a wrx that was awesome, but I traded it in for an STI so I had more speed and upgrade options down the road. The BRZ is a great car as well, but it does not have the same space as the aforementioned WRX hatch.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

If it is within your budget, I would always recommend a new car over a used one.

BRZ vs WRX, that's pretty subjective. Have you driven both? If not, go test drive them and see which you prefer!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX

If your car is yours and not your dad's, keep it. However it sounds like its your dad's.

Is your dad buying the next car when he gives the car you now drive to your sister? If so tell him about ClubWRX if he has questions.

If your dad is buying I'd let him chose. If I were him I'd not buy a Subaru from what you've said.

If you are buying I'd not buy a used late model Subaru since they are expensive compared to new, and I'd not buy an Impreza since your existing car is quite posh. Look at the Legacy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    If it is within your budget, I would always recommend a new car over a used one.

BRZ vs WRX, that's pretty subjective. Have you driven both? If not, go test drive them and see which you prefer!
    Definitely agree with a test drive! The problem is our cars are not stocked like a Ford or Honda
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Definitely agree with a test drive! The problem is our cars are not stocked like a Ford or Honda
    Florida tends to have a lot more stock, at least where WRX's are concerned.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    +1 to everything said above.

mastro subaru is definitely amazing. have the salesman L.D. help you out. tell him Dez sent you.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

the biggest thing I noticed here is that you'd be going from a lexus to a subaru. you are going to think its a Pinto in comparison.

beyond that, test drive is important
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I wish i had your situation. Your one lucky kid.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Listen to SD_GR

And holy tinted tailights batman. I'm sure that car was not beat upon at all.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    I wish i had your situation. Your one lucky kid.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Listen to SD_GR

And holy tinted tailights batman. I'm sure that car was not beat upon at all.
    Didn't someone here CF their gas cap cover and hated it?

Sorry i was gone at state semifinals for soccer , but it will be my car and he's buying it , my older sister goes to college so in wont be driving her, and its my car not my dads but i listen to my dad for opinions, he's driven both and he likes them equally, i like the BRZ's looks but the wrx has more power, and im not getting an sti because its out of my price range

Edit: my current car is under my name and not my dads, he's just paying for it

I Support ClubWRX

Setting aside the numerous contradictions -- they imply we dont view ownership the same way -- I feel the Impreza is a more practical car than the BRZ. I also suspect you will find the rear seat just as cramped as your current car's though, and it will be less refined.

Drive everything and I think you'll see what I mean.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Setting aside the numerous contradictions -- they imply we dont view ownership the same way -- I feel the Impreza is a more practical car than the BRZ. I also suspect you will find the rear seat just as cramped as your current car's though, and it will be less refined.

Drive everything and I think you'll see what I mean.
    I guess that's the best way to look at it, thanks anyways, ill be back if i happen to get an impreza

Come back if you get a BRZ bro. I want to see a build on one of those. We've been trying to get one at our meets forever now.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast