Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by UEDan Didn't someone here CF their gas cap cover and hated it? I'm quite certain it was ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Didn't someone here CF their gas cap cover and hated it?
    I'm quite certain it was Methodical. But he did it more out of necessity, to hide a blemish in the paint.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    Come back if you get a BRZ bro. I want to see a build on one of those. We've been trying to get one at our meets forever now.
    Where are you from?

and if i were to get a BRZ it wouldnt be that crazy of a build, probably just get a set of wheels and some coilovers, an exhaust if i had the money

Quote Originally Posted by Bartoletta View Post
    Where are you from?

and if i were to get a BRZ it wouldnt be that crazy of a build, probably just get a set of wheels and some coilovers, an exhaust if i had the money
    Well im from Boston but i moved to SoCal last july. I was just saying that we have been trying to get an owner to come to our Subie meets in LA.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    Well im from Boston but i moved to SoCal last july. I was just saying that we have been trying to get an owner to come to our Subie meets in LA.
    Ahhh yeah if i was in Socal i would definately go to your meets with a BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Bartoletta View Post
    Sorry i was gone at state semifinals for soccer , but it will be my car and he's buying it , my older sister goes to college so in wont be driving her, and its my car not my dads but i listen to my dad for opinions, he's driven both and he likes them equally, i like the BRZ's looks but the wrx has more power, and im not getting an sti because its out of my price range

Edit: my current car is under my name and not my dads, he's just paying for it
    No offense kid. But if daddy's paying for it. Then it's daddy's car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Credit to him for admitting that his dad is paying...we've had lots of 18-year-olds come on here over the years, talking about the STI that they're paying for, all on their own...but yeah, they're living in the parents' basement, eating their food, insurance covered, don't have to pay for utilities....
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive)

I don't see a difference though; it's not an admission, it's a statement made in passing. The... natural status quo is that one person pays for something that person apparently does not own (yet can redistribute at will).

I don't think it's more realistic or mature than the basement self-made plutocrats, just a different spin.

In any case it doesn't matter; I don't think the OP should buy an Impreza. I'd stick with the Toyota stuff, it's hard to justify a change.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

Looking for a new vehicle (indecisive)

Lol, fair enough.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I absolutely hate when mommy or daddy buy their kid a new car. Either buy them a good beater to start with or let the kid buy their own car that they prefer with their own money...

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    No offense kid. But if daddy's paying for it. Then it's daddy's car.
    +1 TO THAT!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I absolutely hate when mommy or daddy buy their kid a new car. Either buy them a good beater to start with or let the kid buy their own car that they prefer with their own money...
    Philosophically, I agree. I have a teenager now, and she won't be getting a new car, nor a car making more than 150hp when the time comes.

That said, if people show up here with cars that their parents have bought for them, I can hardly fault them. After all, if my dad had given me "pick of the lot" when I was 16, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Perhaps the parent has the notion that "new cars are safest!", or something.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    After all, if my dad had given me "pick of the lot" when I was 16, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Perhaps the parent has the notion that "new cars are safest!", or something.
    Pick of the lot at 16 for me? Wow, tough one. I wanted an XJ-S, and I wanted an Alfa Spider among others. I also for some reason wanted a Jensen.

In fact none of that's changed. I just don't want to work on them.

I'd take a boring Lexus in a heartbeat, then and now. They run, they're safe, they have excellent resale value, and they're never embarrassing. Besides, the inimitable Alan Partridge called the Lexus, the best car IN THE WORLD.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The funny thing is...there weren't many new cars in 1982 (the year I turned 16) that really rang my bell, at least that were available to the southeastern U.S. Among the cars that my dad could have conceivably afforded, the hottest Ford Mustang put out 157hp, 165hp for the Camaro. Even in '82, no one was impressed. We could all remember 300hp cars from the late '60's, early '70's. The Celica was a nicely-regarded, sporty option...it's possible that I would have gone that way. (The MR2 wasn't out, yet)

Can't think of much else that I would have wanted, within the reach of middle-class parents. If a used car was an option, I would have made mine a 1970 Chevelle SS. (red, with black racing stripes, kthnx.)

edit: I forgot about the 280ZX. It's possible that Dad could have figured out how to finance a base model for me.
    Frankly, I'm glad he didn't waste money on any of this...that's money that went to good use for higher education, and for my mom, who now has a comfortable nest egg to live off of.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 02-04-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

It comes down to how you are brought up. I was fortunate enough to have a car provided for me when I was 16, a Volare station wagon. I would've loved to have the pick of the lot as well, or even a new car, but I knew that wasn't happening, however I was always appreciative of whatever vehicle I was given to drive. None were ever "mine" to speak were always privileges that could be taken away. Had I my choice, I probably would've taken my Dad's 78 Trans Am. Bright red, t-tops, screamin' chicken, 6.6 liter and 4 speed! That car was my dream! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78_ta_red.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	111636
    To date, I have not owned a "new" vehicle and doubt that I ever will, but that is by choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12