Another New '13 WRX Owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

This is a discussion on Another New '13 WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SomeGoalie Nice! Used to play keeper in soccer until the goals got massive and I stayed short. ...

  1. #31
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Nice! Used to play keeper in soccer until the goals got massive and I stayed short.


    Nice...I never had too much hockey in my area. I'm actually just now getting into watching it more and enjoying it. I was never too small...but in soccer keeper land, 6ft is considered too short by many. I just developed quickness and a hell of an ability to jump. Not many 5'10" white guys could dunk a basketball in high school
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    393
    Nothing beats a good old fashioned pad stack on a breakaway! I've tried a few times, but the success rate just isn't as high as I'd like it to be! But I would love to pull off a Hasek or two...
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

    Bugeye Mafia Member #419

  4. #33
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Nothing beats a good old fashioned pad stack on a breakaway! I've tried a few times, but the success rate just isn't as high as I'd like it to be! But I would love to pull off a Hasek or two...
    The Hasek Barrel Roll has to be my all-time favorite. Success rates are significantly lower than the pad stack however, haha

  5. #34
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post


    Nice...I never had too much hockey in my area. I'm actually just now getting into watching it more and enjoying it. I was never too small...but in soccer keeper land, 6ft is considered too short by many. I just developed quickness and a hell of an ability to jump. Not many 5'10" white guys could dunk a basketball in high school
    I'm only a few inches shorter but I definitely don't have those kinda ups!

  6. #35
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Got plenty of fresh snow to drive through on the way to the climbing gym.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0571.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	111606

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0568_2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	111612
    Last edited by SomeGoalie; 02-02-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added pic

  7. #36
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    First real mods for the new ride have been ordered: Torque Solution Pitch Stop Mount, Shifter Bushings, Rear Shifter Bushings, Positive Shift Kit, and WHiteline Rear Diff Inserts. Will be looking for a weighted shift knob and the adjustable Cobb short shifter soon.

    On a similar note, just did the H11 to H9 conversion today during lunch.

    LOVE how easy the bulbs are to change on this car!

  8. #37
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Good set of mods you got there! You should do the shifter itself while you do the bushings. You have to take everything apart anyway, so may as well not make double the work.

    I suggest a Welcome to WC Lathe Werks -- I Build Truly Unique Shift Knobs. Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA! - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA! knob. Many around here have them and they can all be made custom to order. Excellent quality and excellent customer service!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  9. #38
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Good set of mods you got there! You should do the shifter itself while you do the bushings. You have to take everything apart anyway, so may as well not make double the work.

    I suggest a Welcome to WC Lathe Werks -- I Build Truly Unique Shift Knobs. Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA! - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA! knob. Many around here have them and they can all be made custom to order. Excellent quality and excellent customer service!
    Thanks! Was thinking about doing the shifter at the same time, but I hadn't done enough research to determine if I would be doubling my work or not.

    I am also considering getting the shifter pivot bushings, and have seen mention of shifter link bushings. Any thoughts on these?

    Thanks for the WC Lathe Werks link. Been considering one of their knobs. Also looking at the TWM Performance M1 knob, and also the Anarchy Motive knob.

    Planning on installing the pitch stop mount first just to get a good feel for the difference. Would ideally like to get some wheel time with just the pitch stop and a heavier knob before the full overhaul.

  10. #39
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Thanks! Was thinking about doing the shifter at the same time, but I hadn't done enough research to determine if I would be doubling my work or not.

    I am also considering getting the shifter pivot bushings, and have seen mention of shifter link bushings. Any thoughts on these?

    Thanks for the WC Lathe Werks link. Been considering one of their knobs. Also looking at the TWM Performance M1 knob, and also the Anarchy Motive knob.

    Planning on installing the pitch stop mount first just to get a good feel for the difference. Would ideally like to get some wheel time with just the pitch stop and a heavier knob before the full overhaul.
    If you get the Kartboy short shifter, the pivot bushings come with it. The shifter link bushings can also be improved if you're doing it all together, but you won't notice too much of a difference with those, compared to the others.

    Pitch Stop won't make any difference with shifting, so you can do both of those mods together and still feel differences from upgrading both. The pitch stop will give you more in cabin NVH due to it being solid.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  11. #40
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If you get the Kartboy short shifter, the pivot bushings come with it. The shifter link bushings can also be improved if you're doing it all together, but you won't notice too much of a difference with those, compared to the others.

    Pitch Stop won't make any difference with shifting, so you can do both of those mods together and still feel differences from upgrading both. The pitch stop will give you more in cabin NVH due to it being solid.
    Didn't realize the Kartboy came with the pivot bushings, had I known that I would have probably bought their shifter/bushing combo instead of ordering the Torque Solutions bushings separately.

    Not too worried about some increased NVH, the WRX is already much quieter than my RSX was.

    I do see that you have the Group-N Tranny Mount, how do you like it and what was the NVH increase like for it? I'm planning on getting one at some point.

  12. #41
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Well...I have a 2005 STI...with coilovers...which is about as NVH prone as a car can possibly get. They had very little sound dampening period. So to be honest with you I didn't notice much difference in NVH due to the Group-N mount. And to be more honest, if I could do it over (which I could, just don't feel like spending the money right now), I would have gotten a better trans mount such as the Cusco or Beatrush. Something solid. The Group-N really isn't much different than the stock STI one to begin with. Not sure how much different it would be compared to the WRX one however.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  13. #42
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well...I have a 2005 STI...with coilovers...which is about as NVH prone as a car can possibly get. They had very little sound dampening period. So to be honest with you I didn't notice much difference in NVH due to the Group-N mount. And to be more honest, if I could do it over (which I could, just don't feel like spending the money right now), I would have gotten a better trans mount such as the Cusco or Beatrush. Something solid. The Group-N really isn't much different than the stock STI one to begin with. Not sure how much different it would be compared to the WRX one however.
    Ah yeah, Reading > Me....didn't notice you had an STI.

    I think I read that there is a bigger difference between the GroupN->WRX than GroupN->STI, but I could just be making **** up.

    Thanks for all the info, very helpful!

    I actually just got in touch with Derrick from Anarchy Motive and ordered one of their ridiculously heavy knobs!

  14. #43
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Nah you aren't making that up. I'd read it as well when I was doing all my research. However it only cost $75 or so for the Group N, and figured if I was under there replacing stuff, then why not? Just didn't have the cash money to do the Cusco or Beatrush. Mine was 7 years old with 120k miles on it or so...Upon comparing the two units, the Group N did seem to have a little more solid rubber feel to it over the STI stocker.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  15. #44
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nah you aren't making that up. I'd read it as well when I was doing all my research. However it only cost $75 or so for the Group N, and figured if I was under there replacing stuff, then why not? Just didn't have the cash money to do the Cusco or Beatrush. Mine was 7 years old with 120k miles on it or so...Upon comparing the two units, the Group N did seem to have a little more solid rubber feel to it over the STI stocker.
    Can't beat the price or the convenience, and never a bad idea to replace a mount with that many miles on it (especially when you're under there ripping stuff out anyway).

    Not that I've actually checked, but I would guess that the Group N probably wasn't much more than the OEM mount, so seems like a win-win to me! Not to mention the fact that when you do decide to step up to a stiffer mount, you can probably sell that Group N for around 2/3 what you paid for it.

  16. #45
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Got some goodies in the mail today...


    No idea when I'll get a chance to install them, still pretty cold here and my unheated garage is pretty full of ****.

    Just might go try and do the pitch stop mount today since it seems like a pretty straightforward install.

    Ended up ordering the Anarchy Motive shift knob in gunmetal, can't wait for it to show up!

    And just a little bit more weak editing of cell phone pics:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •