Another New '13 WRX Owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another New '13 WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SomeGoalie Sounds good man, not sure what I got going on but I'll try and make it ...

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Sounds good man, not sure what I got going on but I'll try and make it out.

I've decided the first thing I need to do is debadge my trunk. Was planning on doing it eventually, but since the dealer put their nice "stamp" on my trunk I'm far more motivated now.
    I specifically told my dealership not to waste one of their decals on my trunk, as I would be immediately debadging it. My effort was in vain.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Another New '13 WRX Owner

I asked my dealership not to sticker my trunk. Luckily they didn't and I debadged it right away.

Congrats on the new car.

Re: Another New '13 WRX Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    I asked my dealership not to sticker my trunk. Luckily they didn't and I debadged it right away.

Congrats on the new car.
    Sounds like you lucked out! I think they had already stuck it on mine before I went in for the test drive. They also screwed one of their license plate frames into the front bumper, so I've got a couple holes now.

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody!

I Support ClubWRX

Another New '13 WRX Owner

Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing? I know back in California I don't see it done. The dealers put their license plate frames only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing? I know back in California I don't see it done. The dealers put their license plate frames only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure as I haven't paid enough attention outside of Ohio, but the dealers in this area sure as **** love to plaster their name all over everything they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing?
    Maybe. It seems random to me. In my observations, some dealers use the sticker and plate frame, some just the sticker, and some just the plate frame. I guess it's just a matter of each dealer's policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I specifically told my dealership not to waste one of their decals on my trunk, as I would be immediately debadging it. My effort was in vain.
    That stinks. Those stickers can be a pain to remove. Fortunately, my dealer didn't use the stickers. I politely declined the plate frame, as it would have gone straight in the garbage the moment I got home.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Didn't take long to get some snow on the ground....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0560.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	111563
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0562.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	111564

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Welcome! Cool to see a fellow Subie owner AND goaltender around! You a Vaughn goalie by any chance?
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Welcome! Cool to see a fellow Subie owner AND goaltender around! You a Vaughn goalie by any chance?
    Thanks for the welcome!

I've got a Vaughn chesty, but my current pads/mitts are the newer KOHO's. Next set I go with (not for a while) will probably be the Passau vintage line.

What kinda gear you stuffing into the back of that REX?

I'm also a goalie...but more of a goalkeeper...soccer variety
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm also a goalie...but more of a goalkeeper...soccer variety
    Nice! Used to play keeper in soccer until the goals got massive and I stayed short.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks! Glad to be here

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I have custom V4 pads and Bauer One80 gloves. I'm also sporting the Warrior Swagger chesty and it sucks. After only a month the straps were coming off and I had to take them to the local leather worker to get it fixed. Fits nice though. I just picked up some Bauer Total One pants and compared to the old 2005 Vaughn pants that I picked up used...well I feel a lot wider in the net that's for sure! And I'm only 5'6'' so I know what it's like to be a short tendie. But hockey isn't as bad as soccer! And Midget AA is still pretty mild anyways. How do you like the new Kohos? I heard they were a perfect combo of Vaughn Velocity and RBK.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I have custom V4 pads and Bauer One80 gloves. I'm also sporting the Warrior Swagger chesty and it sucks. After only a month the straps were coming off and I had to take them to the local leather worker to get it fixed. Fits nice though. I just picked up some Bauer Total One pants and compared to the old 2005 Vaughn pants that I picked up used...well I feel a lot wider in the net that's for sure! And I'm only 5'6'' so I know what it's like to be a short tendie. But hockey isn't as bad as soccer! And Midget AA is still pretty mild anyways. How do you like the new Kohos? I heard they were a perfect combo of Vaughn Velocity and RBK.
    The Kohos are pretty nice, and that's a good description. They are pretty much RBKs wtih a softer boot and knee rolls. They're a pretty good fit for my play style. I'm more of a hybrid goalie than technical butterfly. I'm at least 10 years older than you so I come from the old-timey days before the fancy butterfly pads were invented. As long as I can stack the pads when I need to, I'm happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.