Another New '13 WRX Owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

This is a discussion on Another New '13 WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SomeGoalie Sounds good man, not sure what I got going on but I'll try and make it ...

  1. #16
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Sounds good man, not sure what I got going on but I'll try and make it out.

    I've decided the first thing I need to do is debadge my trunk. Was planning on doing it eventually, but since the dealer put their nice "stamp" on my trunk I'm far more motivated now.
    I specifically told my dealership not to waste one of their decals on my trunk, as I would be immediately debadging it. My effort was in vain.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    168

    Re: Another New '13 WRX Owner

    I asked my dealership not to sticker my trunk. Luckily they didn't and I debadged it right away.

    Congrats on the new car.

  4. #18
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137

    Re: Another New '13 WRX Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    I asked my dealership not to sticker my trunk. Luckily they didn't and I debadged it right away.

    Congrats on the new car.
    Sounds like you lucked out! I think they had already stuck it on mine before I went in for the test drive. They also screwed one of their license plate frames into the front bumper, so I've got a couple holes now.

    Thanks for all the welcomes everybody!

  5. #19
    Registered User wrx650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    710
    I Support ClubWRX

    Another New '13 WRX Owner

    Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing? I know back in California I don't see it done. The dealers put their license plate frames only.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

    2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

    Stink-Eye Mob #91

    Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

  6. #20
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing? I know back in California I don't see it done. The dealers put their license plate frames only.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure as I haven't paid enough attention outside of Ohio, but the dealers in this area sure as **** love to plaster their name all over everything they sell.

  7. #21
    Registered User djk5077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Is putting dealer stickers on cars a regional thing?
    Maybe. It seems random to me. In my observations, some dealers use the sticker and plate frame, some just the sticker, and some just the plate frame. I guess it's just a matter of each dealer's policy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I specifically told my dealership not to waste one of their decals on my trunk, as I would be immediately debadging it. My effort was in vain.
    That stinks. Those stickers can be a pain to remove. Fortunately, my dealer didn't use the stickers. I politely declined the plate frame, as it would have gone straight in the garbage the moment I got home.
    - Dave

    2012 pbp WRX premium

  8. #22
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Didn't take long to get some snow on the ground....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0560.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	111563
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0562.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	111564

  9. #23
    Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Welcome! Cool to see a fellow Subie owner AND goaltender around! You a Vaughn goalie by any chance?
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

    Bugeye Mafia Member #419

  10. #24
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Welcome! Cool to see a fellow Subie owner AND goaltender around! You a Vaughn goalie by any chance?
    Thanks for the welcome!

    I've got a Vaughn chesty, but my current pads/mitts are the newer KOHO's. Next set I go with (not for a while) will probably be the Passau vintage line.

    What kinda gear you stuffing into the back of that REX?

  11. #25
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,854
    I'm also a goalie...but more of a goalkeeper...soccer variety
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  12. #26
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,738
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  13. #27
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm also a goalie...but more of a goalkeeper...soccer variety
    Nice! Used to play keeper in soccer until the goals got massive and I stayed short.

  14. #28
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks! Glad to be here

  15. #29
    Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    377
    I have custom V4 pads and Bauer One80 gloves. I'm also sporting the Warrior Swagger chesty and it sucks. After only a month the straps were coming off and I had to take them to the local leather worker to get it fixed. Fits nice though. I just picked up some Bauer Total One pants and compared to the old 2005 Vaughn pants that I picked up used...well I feel a lot wider in the net that's for sure! And I'm only 5'6'' so I know what it's like to be a short tendie. But hockey isn't as bad as soccer! And Midget AA is still pretty mild anyways. How do you like the new Kohos? I heard they were a perfect combo of Vaughn Velocity and RBK.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

    Bugeye Mafia Member #419

  16. #30
    Registered User SomeGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I have custom V4 pads and Bauer One80 gloves. I'm also sporting the Warrior Swagger chesty and it sucks. After only a month the straps were coming off and I had to take them to the local leather worker to get it fixed. Fits nice though. I just picked up some Bauer Total One pants and compared to the old 2005 Vaughn pants that I picked up used...well I feel a lot wider in the net that's for sure! And I'm only 5'6'' so I know what it's like to be a short tendie. But hockey isn't as bad as soccer! And Midget AA is still pretty mild anyways. How do you like the new Kohos? I heard they were a perfect combo of Vaughn Velocity and RBK.
    The Kohos are pretty nice, and that's a good description. They are pretty much RBKs wtih a softer boot and knee rolls. They're a pretty good fit for my play style. I'm more of a hybrid goalie than technical butterfly. I'm at least 10 years older than you so I come from the old-timey days before the fancy butterfly pads were invented. As long as I can stack the pads when I need to, I'm happy!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •