Just Bought a 2013 WRX STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just Bought a 2013 WRX STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone, Just got back from the dealership after pulling the trigger on a 2013 STI in silver. I have ...

Just Bought a 2013 WRX STI

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from the dealership after pulling the trigger on a 2013 STI in silver. I have lusted after this car for 10 years and its every bit as awesome as I imagined. Just wanted to introduce myself...I am 34 years old and haven't been this excited in a while. I am married with two small kids and have a 2012 Civic si and a 2013 STI so go figure...most people are buying mini vans at this stage. What is wrong with me.

Hope to hear from you all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats man they didnt have any STI s by me but im ok with what i got
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! And Welcome to the Forum!
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

Congrats man. I have a '13 Sti as well with two small children, and my wife drives a GTi. "Practical" for us meant switching to hatchbacks, because we also have two large dogs. We stopped at two kids, so I will NEVAR own a minivan just on principle alone. I know plenty of guys who have them and say "I'm confident in my manhood...blah blah..." First, if you even feel the need to say that, your confidence is already suspect in my book. And second, BFD - so is everyone else. They don't make minivans with turbocharged boxer engines. If they did, I'd have to reconsider.

Sorry for the rant. Welcome.

"If your husband or your boyfriend drives a minivan... Leave. Him. Alone. Any man that drives a minivan does not care about life." - Kevin Hart

Welcome and congrats! Part of my discussion with my girl before getting this car included "it's a wagon, so we can still use it once we start having kids."

Quote Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
    They don't make minivans with turbocharged boxer engines. If they did, I'd have to reconsider.
    Yes they do, it's called the Forester XT
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Yeah I never understood why people feel the need to get a minivan or wagon with only or two kids. It's not like they have to ride in the trunk. I've got a 7yr old and a 4yr old that are in football, soccer, dance and karate and have always owned sedans without a problem. Switching to a hatch was more about the dogs.

And the Forester is way cooler than a minivan!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! I'm 34 as well, married, but no kids yet. Have a '12 DGM WRX sedan. Wife just got a '13 Mazda 6 (good rebates, since 14's just came out). Anyway, I can't stand minivans and will never rock one, even when my wife and I have kids.

Congrats on the STI.

As far as minivans go... I would rock the **** outta new Honda Odessey. Todays minivans arnt the crapboxes from the 80's and 90's.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlystang View Post
    Congrats on the STI.

As far as minivans go... I would rock the **** outta new Honda Odessey. Todays minivans arnt the crapboxes from the 80's and 90's.
    Touché. The Odyssey is a very nice vehicle. Still ugly though.

Just for the sake of one-upping and validating our argument, I have 3 kids, ages 7,5,and 1. And they all fit in the back of my hatch just fine, granted theres crumbs galore in my backseat and toy crap all over the place! My wife's Q7 is as close as we'd ever get to a van. Here's to parents keeping it cool!

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Re: Just Bought a 2013 WRX STI

Congrats! That's a rare color.
    Married with two kids here.... Had a minivan for less than six months, lol.... Mom drives a CUV and I have a 13 WRX Post some pics

Welcome and Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.