Subaru Outback to WRX question!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Outback to WRX question! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently purchased a 2008 Subaru Outback after being t-boned on the driver's side in my beautiful but now decreased ...

Subaru Outback to WRX question!

I recently purchased a 2008 Subaru Outback after being t-boned on the driver's side in my beautiful but now decreased 1996 Pathfinder After looking at newer Pathfinders, I decided that I really didn't need a vehicle that big. I only need something I can put my bike in and my dog

So...I love my Outback, but just for fun went to the dealership to look at new Outbacks, and saw the WRX. I fell in love!! Also looks like I might just be able to fit my bike in the back.

Does anyone on this forum put their bike in the back of their WRX (5 door hatch of course)? I know I can get a roof rack, but there are times when I'd be leaving straight from work for a ride.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can fit your bike back there. I can actually fit my mountain bike in the back of my sedan if I take the front wheel off. Also, re: top bike racks. You can get locks so that someone can't steal your bike off your car.

Thanks. I like being able to put my bike in the back of the Outback without taking a wheel off, but it's not a big deal to do that. I'm not sure about having the bike on the roof when parking in a garage structure, as I do for work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep...My girlfriend can get our two bike in the back of her crosstrek...Probably about the same amount of room (a little more headspace in her car, but that is two bikes!). I hear you on the bike in the back of the car...I drove into my garage once with my old car and my bike was on top of my car...One of the low points in my life

The irony is that I didn't have a car payment for many years. Got into cycling, and decided to upgrade to a nice carbon road bike. Had my new Specialized Ruby for about 4 mos before the accident. Now I have a bike payment AND a car payment. (But on a happy note neither my new bike nor esp. my beloved pitbull were in the Pathfinder in the accident).

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah haha...if you get a nice bike they can get expensive quick!

Good luck on your decision...I think if you get the WRX you won't regret it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.