Took the plunge..2011 STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Took the plunge..2011 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I signed in over here back around September knowing at some point I'll get a wrx. Well a local dealership, ...

I signed in over here back around September knowing at some point I'll get a wrx. Well a local dealership, who sells just about everything just added a subaru dealership to their 3/4 mile strip of lots. Drove by last weekend and saw they had a mint 2011 STi hatch, silver and carbon black interior, Pretty much exactly how I would have ordered it from the factory. I dismissed it thinking I couldnt afford such a car. ($30k) I was drawn back to take a test drive and I was hooked. They gave me double what my jeep was worth on trade and I signed and took the car friday night. I was planning to order a base wrx hatch. But I wouldnt take delivery till middle of april at least.
    So now I have a CPO 2011 STi hatch with 11k on the od. Came with the SPT catback system. a second set of winter wheels and tires, nice OZ's and blizzaks the stock BBS' have Dunlap SP sport 600's on them.
    Only thing the car didnt have is the spt boost gauge which I'm still working on getting from them at little to no extra cost to me.

Had a pretty good snow fall this evening and the soobie handled it just as good if not better than my jeep in the snow. I went and had a little snow covered parking lot fun a bit ago.
    Anyhow just wanted to share the news. Looks like I'll be a regular on here now.
    I'm going to order a tactrix cable, unless anyone can suggest something else.
    I'm not looking to do anything crazy with mods, maybe just an intake system along with the catback I have already and a tune. I wouldnt mind a decent bov is someone has a suggestion. stock you can hardly hear the turbo spool or bov. I'm not looking for something stupid loud. Just more noticable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on an excellent find.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

nice find??? post pics of the new pic up!!!

That's really cool they threw in the winter wheels with it. If you want some turbo sound get an intake with proper tune.

Post some pics, Juicehead? haha
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    That's really cool they threw in the winter wheels with it. If you want some turbo sound get an intake with proper tune.

Post some pics, Juicehead? haha
    +1 on the intake for the sound. I just installed an AEM CAI on my 2009 WRX and you can really hear the turbo now. Enjoy the new ride!
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new ride! Also, if you are looking for just the intake sound you can take the factory intake silencer off if you don't want to purchase an intake. You can also here the factory BOV as well if this is taken off.

Grats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Also, if you are looking for just the intake sound you can take the factory intake silencer off if you don't want to purchase an intake. You can also here the factory BOV as well if this is taken off.
    elaborate please, with pictures and stick figure drawings if possible?

Congrats on the car, pics or it didn't happen lol.

Blah blah blah something about penguins blah blah blah
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    elaborate please, with pictures and stick figure drawings if possible?

Congrats on the car, pics or it didn't happen lol.

DIY: Removing the Intake Silencer See OP for credits. You can probably find more DIY's, but I didn't feel like searching.

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar

Thank you sir.

Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.