Stupid questions about standard equipment and optional packages
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stupid questions about standard equipment and optional packages within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went in and ordered a 2013 WRX Premium. My must haves were arm rest extension and roof rack. Thats ...

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar

I went in and ordered a 2013 WRX Premium. My must haves were arm rest extension and roof rack. Thats it. Agreed on a price I was quoted from a dealer in another state and I left, waiting for my car to arrive.

A week later, the dealer sourced a car from another dealership and it arrived. My roof rack was still on order to be delivered to me and the car had an arm rest extension as requested. Paperwork finished for agreed upon price, I jumped in a took off with my new baby. I was surprised how aggressive the exhaust sounded compared to the one I test drove, but that had been a month ago, maybe I was imagining things. Kept driving and thought, no it is different.

Checked the window sticker and the car has the Option Package: 01 - standard package. Including mirror homelink, AW floormats, SPT Catback exhaust, STS kit.

So the question is, do all WRX Premiums come with the Option Package: 01 - Standard Package?

I guess I am trying to figure out if optional is modifying standard or if standard is modifying optional.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stupid questions about standard equipment and optional packages

Well, if you paid the price you were promised, then you got a pleasant surprise!

Not sure how the packages work...but the SPT exhaust and the STS are not part of any package...the premium model includes the homelink mirror and AW floormats though I think...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Sound like you got a good deal...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX

The SPT exhaust and short throw shifter are an extra $1500 or so, so if you got those tossed in for free, I'd be happy.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    I suspected it wasn't a "standard package" for a premium, but wanted to confirm. Thanks all. Here is the window sticker showing the package.

Like I said, I only wanted the armrest, so CLEARLY made out on some extra goodies. Now I have even less motivation to exhaust and STS the car. I will say, the Subaru short throw doesn't feel like it changed much, and 5th feels VERY far away. I definitely did not pay the listed 31k price.

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 01-26-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: stupid large image

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.