Need some advice/ knowledge

This is a discussion on Need some advice/ knowledge within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I puchased an auto 2003 subaru wrx. Love my car soo much but the autobox is no fun :/ so ...

Need some advice/ knowledge

I puchased an auto 2003 subaru wrx. Love my car soo much but the autobox is no fun :/ so I've been saving and im getting pretty close to being able to do an sti 6 speed swap. I was posting to get some advice on where to do it and what to do and what all i'll need. I'm in Kennesaw Georgia so any local guys willing to help would be a godsend. (keep in mind i'm 16 but i worked my ass off to buy this car and to afford the swap, im not some immature ignoramus haha).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So you're thinking of swapping out an auto to 6-MT? I think that'll involve changing out the complete drive train. Most likely not worth it. Just find another car that comes with the manual...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Even if I was to get a subaru with a 5 speed I don't want to worry about breaking the tranny so I would get the 6 speed for that car too, I know that the auto drive shaft works with the sti transmission so i'd only have to worry about the front axles.

Hope you're planning on an 04 STI tranny...otherwise...you're gonna need EVERYTHING.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

why? this thread says with an 06 or 07 sti tranny i can get some sti axles, clips and seals and i can keep my front hubs

Master swap list for 04-07 Sti 6 speed into WRX - NASIOC