Pa: Just bought a WRB 2013 WRX 5 door Limited - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pa: Just bought a WRB 2013 WRX 5 door Limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh nice! Congrats! Yeah this is my first brand new one as well. But it's my 4th Subaru and second ...

Oh nice! Congrats! Yeah this is my first brand new one as well. But it's my 4th Subaru and second WRX. I ordered them straight from rallyarmor.com. We will have to get together soon. I dot know of anyone in the area who has our style. I'm in the Wyomissing area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 98sob View Post
    Oh nice! Congrats! Yeah this is my first brand new one as well. But it's my 4th Subaru and second WRX. I ordered them straight from rallyarmor.com. We will have to get together soon. I dot know of anyone in the area who has our style. I'm in the Wyomissing area.
    There's a younger guy that has a red '12 5door from Muhlenburg area. Other than that I do not kno of any 5 doors in the area. And yeah let me kno when you get it. There is usually a decent get together at the Exeter sonic on weekends.

Hi, I recently joined and I always wanted a WRX, I'm of the older generation and there are to many middle aged men with grey beards driving Vettes in this town.
    I finally made the decision to buy a Grey 2013 5 door in Covington La at a Subaru dealership. Dealer installed a Cobb exhaust for an additional 2k and it's covered by manufacturer warranty.
    Had the windows tinted, K&N air-filter installed.
    I test drove the Sti but it was to much of a rough ride for me and the way I figured is, I can get the same if not more speed and responsiveness as the Sti by doing some mods.
    Future plans are adding an inter-cooler sprayer, Cobb chip, cold air induction,short shifter, insulating the down-pipe, install heat shields and better sway bars.
    Currently I have the stock cd/stereo and am planning to replace the speaker system with Boston Acoustics a small Fosgate sub and amp (nothing overly loud, just an improvement).
    Hopefully I can get the car where it has +/- 525 hp.
    I am fortunate that the dealership I bought the car from also sponsors WRX meets and the owners race WRX's , one owner has a street legal that has 700hp+ !! I get suggestions from them and how to stay in the warranty with mods.
    As the previous poster said: "Lots of kids want to race"....not my scene either but dusting my son inlaws Camaro SS convertible will be priceless (he runs approx 500hp) and my goal, I'm sure I can take him in the corners already but the long stretch its all him.
    For the daily drives I own a 2010 Volvo S60 2.5T.
    Oh, I have 1200 miles on the car at present, what is the break-in mile-age? the book says not to go over 4k rpm's for the 1st 1000 miles but I've read alot of different suggestions in breaking in a new WRX. I'm following the manufacturer recommendation plus an additional 1000 miles.......ideas? Thank you for reading this long post.

I did my best to be easy with mine until about 2k miles. I did get on it pretty good a few times before the 2k mark though but deff after the 1k mark. People are all saying different stuff but I think 1500 miles is plenty. I think it's awesome your dealer will try to hide mods for warranty work if need be. From what I've heard around me it's not like that. I'm a little nervous about getting the Cobb tune and a cai because I have an extended 6 year/80k mile warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by junkjunkjunk View Post
    I did my best to be easy with mine until about 2k miles. I did get on it pretty good a few times before the 2k mark though but deff after the 1k mark. People are all saying different stuff but I think 1500 miles is plenty. I think it's awesome your dealer will try to hide mods for warranty work if need be. From what I've heard around me it's not like that. I'm a little nervous about getting the Cobb tune and a cai because I have an extended 6 year/80k mile warranty.
    From what I was told at the dealership is that the Cobb exhaust they installed prior to putting the car on the lot falls under the warranty, it was listed as an add-on on the window and included into the final sales price. I guess that I and other WRX owners who have bought a vehicle through this particular dealership are fortunate that the owners are WRX enthusiasts as well. They go above and beyond in assisting with mods that can be done without affecting the warranty etc. I to have purchased an extended warranty through Subaru and my insurance company (they will cover up to 100K miles).

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan_196 View Post
    Hi, I recently joined and I always wanted a WRX, I'm of the older generation and there are to many middle aged men with grey beards driving Vettes in this town.
    I finally made the decision to buy a Grey 2013 5 door in Covington La at a Subaru dealership. Dealer installed a Cobb exhaust for an additional 2k and it's covered by manufacturer warranty.
    Had the windows tinted, K&N air-filter installed.
    I test drove the Sti but it was to much of a rough ride for me and the way I figured is, I can get the same if not more speed and responsiveness as the Sti by doing some mods.
    Future plans are adding an inter-cooler sprayer, Cobb chip, cold air induction,short shifter, insulating the down-pipe, install heat shields and better sway bars.
    Currently I have the stock cd/stereo and am planning to replace the speaker system with Boston Acoustics a small Fosgate sub and amp (nothing overly loud, just an improvement).
    Hopefully I can get the car where it has +/- 525 hp.
    I am fortunate that the dealership I bought the car from also sponsors WRX meets and the owners race WRX's , one owner has a street legal that has 700hp+ !! I get suggestions from them and how to stay in the warranty with mods.
    As the previous poster said: "Lots of kids want to race"....not my scene either but dusting my son inlaws Camaro SS convertible will be priceless (he runs approx 500hp) and my goal, I'm sure I can take him in the corners already but the long stretch its all him.
    For the daily drives I own a 2010 Volvo S60 2.5T.
    Oh, I have 1200 miles on the car at present, what is the break-in mile-age? the book says not to go over 4k rpm's for the 1st 1000 miles but I've read alot of different suggestions in breaking in a new WRX. I'm following the manufacturer recommendation plus an additional 1000 miles.......ideas? Thank you for reading this long post.
    Just follow the manufacturer's recommendation. Also, you should start your own thread to introduce yourself rather than doing so in another member's introduction thread.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

So I went to do an oil change and jacked it up, got under it and noticed the plastic cover had oil on it. Pulled the cover off to see a pretty good amount of oil near the drain plug but it wasn't coming from there. I could not tell where the oil was actually coming from with the car not being on a lift. Took it to Steve Moyer to see what was up and they told me the front cover was leaking and never had that before. Car has 3k miles on it

So I went to do an oil change and jacked it up, got under it and noticed the plastic cover had oil on it. Pulled the cover off to see a pretty good amount of oil near the drain plug but it wasn't coming from there. I could not tell where the oil was actually coming from with the car not being on a lift. Took it to Steve Moyer to see what was up and they told me the front cover was leaking and never had that before. Car has 3k miles on it
    Had you previously done an oil and filter change? If so, there was a batch of Subaruu oil filters that were recalled as they were leaking...could it have been that?

Quote Originally Posted by garzdos View Post
    Had you previously done an oil and filter change? If so, there was a batch of Subaruu oil filters that were recalled as they were leaking...could it have been that?
    Nope. My mission was to do an oil change. Got under it and seen it was leaking and didn't bother changing it. They replaced the front cover.

Nope. My mission was to do an oil change. Got under it and seen it was leaking and didn't bother changing it. They replaced the front cover.
    I figured by your previous post that it was the first oil change.

Was it leaking enough to have measurable oil loss when you were checking with the dip stick?

That's one reason I have hated that plastic tray...I sit and wonder if I have an oil leak and I just don't know it!

I figured by your previous post that it was the first oil change.

Was it leaking enough to have measurable oil loss when you were checking with the dip stick?

That's one reason I have hated that plastic tray...I sit and wonder if I have an oil leak and I just don't know it!
    It was a little low but by no means to the point of any concern. I hate that plastic cover. It's stupid and a pita. They also ended up replacing the drivers side valve cover gasket cause they said it was seeping pretty good.

Amazing...and unacceptable on a brand friggin new car!!!

Amazing...and unacceptable on a brand friggin new car!!!
    Sure is. I chewed the dealer out but they don't care... It's warranty work

aw man, I'll be looking at mine closely.

congrats! I just bought a 2013 silver hatch..waiting for it to get shipped over from japan...it has been the longest wait of my life!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast