2013 WRX: Defective? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX: Defective? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL I've got a huge problem with my WRX. I wanted to see if other owners are ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL View Post
    I've got a huge problem with my WRX. I wanted to see if other owners are having the same problem?? It doesn't matter if it's a 30MPH or 65MPH zone, it appears that my WRX is incapable of doing the speed limit. Highway on and off ramps as well as deserted mountain roads are where you can really notice the problem. Surprisingly I've had decent results in 15MPH school zones and when police cars are around but it seems that everywhere else me and the WRX go we are consistently about 40MPH over the legal limit. I wanted to see if anyone else has had any of these issues? I am on my way to the dealer where I bought the car and I am going to ask them if there is anything we can do about it but I'm not holding my breath.
    I've seen this problem first hand, and know exactly what you are talking about. My dealer showed me a late addition to the owners manual which includes a sure cure:

"When under normal driving conditions the operator of the vehicle is unable to maintain posted speed limits it is imperative that the following step be taken: with a strong but singular motion pull upward on the handle of the emergency brake. Once fully engaged leave the handle in the up position. Once completed, the vehicle may be operated normally without likely exceeding posted speed limits. In the unlikely event that this measure fails to address the problem, it is recommended that the driver only drive the car in reverse, as hyper-legal speeds are very unlikely to occur in this gear."
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dealer checked out the car and told me it was perfectly fine, but on the way home I look down at the speedometer... same problem, there just doesn't seem to be an easy fix. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Have your gf/wife ride shotgun.... urghh.

Oddly enough, my car seems to have the exact same problem!

easy fix, know a friend who got a wreck-less ticket and learn from his mistakes ^^ or go to a track day event and get your speed needs there

dont feed the trolls

Not troll, just some good natured humor. It's likely to get even worse once modded. I've always said and maintain that position: give someone a toy and the game will be on. So far I've managed ok, but my car also really WANTS to go faster than I'm allowed to let it. I really have to watch this car when I'm driving. My wife does NOT have that problem... And sorry, NO, I do not have a solution for this problem, other than constant vigilance.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

lol i gotcha. i havent had mine over 3k rpm and like 1/3 throttle. but then again ive only had it for 2 days and 50 miles....1000 cant come soon enough!

i left my house this morning for work and was pulled over for going 4mph over no ticket but that damn pedal almost got me in trouble lol...
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

Re: 2013 WRX: Defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Not troll, just some good natured humor. It's likely to get even worse once modded. I've always said and maintain that position: give someone a toy and the game will be on. So far I've managed ok, but my car also really WANTS to go faster than I'm allowed to let it. I really have to watch this car when I'm driving. My wife does NOT have that problem... And sorry, NO, I do not have a solution for this problem, other than constant vigilance.
    Well.... Stage2 might help in this case - engine revs so easy and u want to relish every moment cruising at 60 on 4th gear if traffic is heavy enough.... The rumble and whooshing are are just soooo intoxicating.... 5th gear is over rated lol

Yeah, I was just thinking that stage 3 actually made me slow down, so I bet money that if he modifies it he'll be much safer on the road.

Plus, only the cool kids can race in school zones...you can't just roll up here and think you can dance...

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ....da fuq?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    ....da fuq?
    I was waiting for this guy's input... It had to come eventually...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Re: 2013 WRX: Defective?

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    Yeah, I was just thinking that stage 3 actually made me slow down, so I bet money that if he modifies it he'll be much safer on the road.

Plus, only the cool kids can race in school zones...you can't just roll up here and think you can dance...
    Lol... Tanker how is your project coming along? Did you finally stop at who knows what stage you are at?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast