getting new wrx soon have questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on getting new wrx soon have questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Zman13 Ya but they adjust better and up to a wider range! Plus Mustangs and some others ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: getting new wrx soon have questions

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Ya but they adjust better and up to a wider range! Plus Mustangs and some others come running a little rich from the Factory not lean!
    What the hell are you talking about "better and wider range?!". They utilize the same zirconia-based narrowband O2 sensors Subaru and other modern cars employ. Same benefits and same weaknesses. Furthermore have you ever looked at the stock map on a WRX? Subaru has the damn things tatrgetting about 10.8:1 at WOT... I can guarantee no stock Mustang GT is targetting that rich of a mixture at WOT.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually no matter what im just going to go back to what i keep saying! I would not do any MOD's what so ever unless i had the equiptment to read the AF ratio and any other peramaters that i needed to read to keep my car safe period!!! No matter what! Thats me tho...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: getting new wrx soon have questions

I would not do any MOD's what so ever unless i had the equiptment to read the AF ratio
    Well I can agree with that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    What would you define as a "tank of bad gas?"
    Old gas, the tanker accidentally filled the premium tank with regular, etc.

Anything that would cause the gasoline to be more detonation-prone.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    One confusion that I have is how the engine is pulling in more air if the exhaust is exactly the same? Is my exhaust flowing more freely due to the new intake? If not, then isn't the air moving through the whole vehicle at the same rate, thus the air/fuel ratio is not being affected? Only asking these questions because you guys know more about this than me and have seen more/compared more before and after data on only intake upgrades on stock ECU and compared to know that this does indeed change the AFR. Thanks for the info!
    I explained this, earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257
    The problem is the ECU uses the MAFv to determine how much air is entering the motor. With different sized housings, airflow patterns, and MAF placement found in the CAI, it will alter the scaling in the ECU. So while the ECU is going by the MAF scaling value of a particular MAFv, it's assuming XX g/s of air is going into the motor and dumps the appropriate amount of fuel to match, when in turn it's YY g/s of air, screwing with the AFR.
    The MAF Scaling table is simply two rows, in which you tell the ECU how many g/s of air is entering the engine for a given voltage.
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-17-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I could tell you coming from American cars just like me! Maybe im wrong! But in lets say a Mustang you would be 100% right. And it would even adjust it self to the new AF mixture! But with these Turbo cars even if you dont change the exhaust that new leaner air will change things.. a Turbo is designed to Force air and exhaust gas into the engine and the whole system is tuned and set at specific peramaters from the factory so if you change one like Air you have to adjust the Fuel as well if not it can do damage! there are so many complex things going on in these systems i dont even fully understand it all yet! Ive researched your CAI and from what i found it will make your car run lean. I would at least get an AP to do adjustments and read your peramaters! Like i said im learning too but these aint no American Muscle cars that will adjust by themselves.. Please know that i dont want to see you do Damage to your engine!
    Can you send me a link to the research you did on my intake? I am not doubting you, I am just curious to read it!

I Support ClubWRX
    And thanks for the info guys, I will be getting a AFR gauge with a wide band o2 sensor. In the meantime I plan on keeping the RPM's down VERY low until I can get this issue resolved (intake taken off most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Can you send me a link to the research you did on my intake? I am not doubting you, I am just curious to read it!
    Well it wasnt just one paticular link i just google Perrin Intake can it make my WRX run lean.. Or something like that and it brought up a ton of stuff and a slew of people running into problems. If it where me i would either buy a tune or take it off like yesterday..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123