08 wrx wheel question

This is a discussion on 08 wrx wheel question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whatsup guys im new to clubwrx so dont rash me too hard if im doing this wrong lol anyways i ...

08 wrx wheel question

whatsup guys im new to clubwrx so dont rash me too hard if im doing this wrong lol anyways i have an 08 wrx and im looking into getting some rims and tires, im looking at some volk te37 5x100 17x8 and i have the option to choose 38mm or 44mm offset and im looking to get a flush fender fit without rubbing, so which offset should i choose ? also was wondering if 255/40/17 tires would fit and not rub also, anyone have this set up on there suby ? any advise would help, oh yea im currently on stock suspension but looking into getting some coilovers some time next week. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For what it is worth, that is the size of the stock wheel on the new WRX's. They come with 235/45/17's. I am not an expert at fitment (of tires anyway), but just thought I would throw that out there.

I believe the stock offset is +.53 (or .55?), so you would probably want to get as close to that as possible.

yea stock wheel is 17x7 5x100 205/50R17, with a 53mm offset, im just a complete noob with offsets lol but thanks, so your recomending i get the 44mm offset since its closer to the stock? also could some please explain offsets ? lol im a noob, is it the lower the number, example a 38mm, the more it will poke out from the fender ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrex792 View Post
    yea stock wheel is 17x7 5x100 205/50R17, with a 53mm offset, im just a complete noob with offsets lol but thanks, so your recomending i get the 44mm offset since its closer to the stock? also could some please explain offsets ? lol im a noob, is it the lower the number, example a 38mm, the more it will poke out from the fender ?
    Really was just letting you know about the tire size that comes on the new WRX's (235/45/17), which runs the 17x8 wheel. Wait until someone else chimes in with the offset that knows a little more than me, but I would think you would want the .44 rather than the .38 just based on the stock offset.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.