08 wrx wheel question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 wrx wheel question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whatsup guys im new to clubwrx so dont rash me too hard if im doing this wrong lol anyways i ...

08 wrx wheel question

whatsup guys im new to clubwrx so dont rash me too hard if im doing this wrong lol anyways i have an 08 wrx and im looking into getting some rims and tires, im looking at some volk te37 5x100 17x8 and i have the option to choose 38mm or 44mm offset and im looking to get a flush fender fit without rubbing, so which offset should i choose ? also was wondering if 255/40/17 tires would fit and not rub also, anyone have this set up on there suby ? any advise would help, oh yea im currently on stock suspension but looking into getting some coilovers some time next week. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For what it is worth, that is the size of the stock wheel on the new WRX's. They come with 235/45/17's. I am not an expert at fitment (of tires anyway), but just thought I would throw that out there.

I believe the stock offset is +.53 (or .55?), so you would probably want to get as close to that as possible.

yea stock wheel is 17x7 5x100 205/50R17, with a 53mm offset, im just a complete noob with offsets lol but thanks, so your recomending i get the 44mm offset since its closer to the stock? also could some please explain offsets ? lol im a noob, is it the lower the number, example a 38mm, the more it will poke out from the fender ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrex792 View Post
    yea stock wheel is 17x7 5x100 205/50R17, with a 53mm offset, im just a complete noob with offsets lol but thanks, so your recomending i get the 44mm offset since its closer to the stock? also could some please explain offsets ? lol im a noob, is it the lower the number, example a 38mm, the more it will poke out from the fender ?
    Really was just letting you know about the tire size that comes on the new WRX's (235/45/17), which runs the 17x8 wheel. Wait until someone else chimes in with the offset that knows a little more than me, but I would think you would want the .44 rather than the .38 just based on the stock offset.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-16-2013 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.