Just ordered one!

This is a discussion on Just ordered one! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After years driving my 07 BMW 328xi I felt it was time for a change. Ordered a 2013 base model ...

Just ordered one!

After years driving my 07 BMW 328xi I felt it was time for a change. Ordered a 2013 base model in satin white with a short throw shifter, floor mats, fog lights, bumper cover, extended armrest and a home link dimming mirror. Ordered it from Grand Subaru (Bensenville,Il) just outside of Chicago for van out the door price of 24,651. This was the CHEAPEST by FAR!!!! Now comes the wait 8- 12 weeks sigh ....lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car, seems like a darn good price for it
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Yeah I was shocked by the price too. I went to the dealership yesterday and test drove one and the couldn't negotiate on the ones in stock but Bill Nealis the Internet manager over there said he could sav me a ton by ordering it but that I would have to wait awhile for it to ship. I went home thought about it and decided to do it.
    Actually it was a member of this forum who recommended them.

Congrats....the wait is the hardest part...do post pictures the day you pick it up
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    for that price i would wait lol
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

24,651 out the door!?!? if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay in sales tax? for that price you would have gone under dealer cost let alone invoice price. for that price i would consider flying there and buying one and my company gets subaru VIP discount.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. great price!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by eNsulyn View Post
    24,651 out the door!?!? if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay in sales tax? for that price you would have gone under dealer cost let alone invoice price. for that price i would consider flying there and buying one and my company gets subaru VIP discount.
    Lots of people have gotten prices around that mark. I myself got my car for 24,500. Edit: My guess is that 24,651 number is not including sales tax, btw. I may be wrong, in which case I am as astonished as you.

To the OP, welcome and congrats!
    Last edited by Calvinball; 01-16-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Clarification
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by eNsulyn View Post
    24,651 includes destination. My fees are 300 for plate transfer and title. As far as taxes it's done two ways in Illinois. If u have a trade u only pay tax on the difference between the trade and the new car. For example if I buy a car for 25000 and have a trade that's worth 20000 I pay tax on the 5000. Taxes here are 9.5 I live in Chicago and get hit hard! If u don't have a trade in u pay full tax on the price of the vehicle. If you're interested shoot Bill Nealis an email. I did my order over the phone with a refundable deposit of 500.

Bill Nealis
    Internet Sales Manager
    Grand Subaru
    125 W. Grand Ave
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    (630) 595-0250 Office #
    (708) 927-0790 Cell #
    bnealis@grandsubaru.com
    Chicago Subaru Dealers | GRAND SUBARU | Serving Schaumburg, Elmhurst, Oak Brook | Used Subaru Chicago IL

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jh19059 View Post
    24,651 includes destination. My fees are 300 for plate transfer and title. As far as taxes it's done two ways in Illinois. If u have a trade u only pay tax on the difference between the trade and the new car. For example if I buy a car for 25000 and have a trade that's worth 20000 I pay tax on the 5000. Taxes here are 9.5 I live in Chicago and get hit hard! If u don't have a trade in u pay full tax on the price of the vehicle. If you're interested shoot Bill Nealis an email. I did my order over the phone with a refundable deposit of 500.

Bill Nealis
    Internet Sales Manager
    Grand Subaru
    125 W. Grand Ave
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    (630) 595-0250 Office #
    (708) 927-0790 Cell #
    bnealis@grandsubaru.com
    Chicago Subaru Dealers | GRAND SUBARU | Serving Schaumburg, Elmhurst, Oak Brook | Used Subaru Chicago IL
    Wow, you are lucky to pay taxes based on the difference between trade in. That is awesome. Does your state require you to pay excise tax each year too? That is one area that people don't tend to think about when they buy expensive cars...Even if you get a good trade in, you still get stung on the excise tax when you register your car each year (at least here in balmy Maine).

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Wow, you are lucky to pay taxes based on the difference between trade in. That is awesome. Does your state require you to pay excise tax each year too? That is one area that people don't tend to think about when they buy expensive cars...Even if you get a good trade in, you still get stung on the excise tax when you register your car each year (at least here in balmy Maine).
    That sucks... No we don't pay an excise tax but we pay for a plate sticker yearly which depending on the type of plates you have varies... I pay 120 a year for the plate sticker (I have specialty plates and a portion goes to charity). Also I live in Chicago.and pay a vehicle tax of 85.