New guy to Subaru and the forums, picked up a 2013 WRX STI Ice Silver hatchback.

This is a discussion on New guy to Subaru and the forums, picked up a 2013 WRX STI Ice Silver hatchback. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Iv'e been lurking for awhile and decided to hop on the boards. I purchased my first Subaru November 30th. I ...

New guy to Subaru and the forums, picked up a 2013 WRX STI Ice Silver hatchback.

Iv'e been lurking for awhile and decided to hop on the boards. I purchased my first Subaru November 30th. I must say I am loving it! I have wanted an STI now for about 8 years. I just hit the 1000 mile break-in period yesterday, finally. I have already done a decent amount of mods. I look forward to reading all the knowledge out there that is provided on these forums. Again, hello all!

I purchased a 2013 with a short throw shifter and homelink mirror factory installed. Once home, I clayed her and applied 3 coats of Zaino wax.At about 600 miles I ran over to Cobb Tuning in Plano TX. They walked me through the AP and got it installed. I replaced the highbeams and fogs with Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs. Next was the stereo, horrible! Oh, and don't get me started on these Dunlop SP Sport 600 tires, LOUD! I put in a Alpine INE-S920HD Nav unit, PDX amp, JL Audio C5 6.5" components in front and C2 coaxials in the rear. I mounted the tweeters in the stock locations and used a speaker adapter kit for the mids. I also put dynamat superlite in the outer door panel shells and inner. I also put in a video bypass, steering wheel control interface and rear backup camera in a Alpine license plate bracket. That's about all for now, future mods will be the stage 2 and tires. I love the wheels, but I wish the offset were more flush to the fenders, I am not sure what my options are there. I heard of spacers, but that scares me. Input there would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy the few pictures I have.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1198.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	110981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	110979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1197.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	110980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	110978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	110973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	110974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	110975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1129.jpg 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	110976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	110977

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum...Congrats on your new STI...looks like you're off to a good start
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

welcome looks good!

Awesome info - I'm getting my WRX in May and the first thing I'm going to do is upgrade the sound system. How do you like the upgraded head unit? I know literally nothing about DIY car audio upgrades...how hard is it going to be for me to put in a decent sound system? For someone clueless, would you recommend taking it to a shop to get things installed? Any information or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome and grats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX

Re: New guy to Subaru and the forums, picked up a 2013 WRX STI Ice Silver hatchback.

Welcome to the forum & congrats on the STI.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.