Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, im not a subaru owner yet but i plan to buy an 11 hatch wrx when i get ...

Hey guys, im not a subaru owner yet but i plan to buy an 11 hatch wrx when i get back from my trip in march. That being said, i do have a little bit of background in cars and modification. Right now i drive a 97 civic hatch with a jdm b16a (170hp) swap with a full exhaust, magnaflow tip, short ram intake, short throw shifter, and konig helium rims. I like to go fast so i need to upgrade. I was thinking the new focus ST but the AWD grabbed me after going for a ride in my friends new '12 sti. I hope to drive it stock for a while and then learn about the aftermarket scene of subaru better kind of like I know with honda or ford. I plan on doing a full cobb downpipe/exhaust as a first upgrade along with a stage 2 tune as I have heard stage 1 is bad on the car or something?! anyways, thanks for having me and i hope to learn quickly!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! One of us.. one of us..
    To the face!
    04' Stage 2 WRX | Premium Silver. Premium Sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Front Kick View Post
    Welcome! One of us.. one of us..
    indeed one more soul, welcome

thanks haha. can anyone give me some input as to the whole stage one being a nono or what some good first mods would be for a 11? i figure id ask here before cluttering a real thread

I Support ClubWRX

Follow the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Newbie

Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

welcome! post some pics of your honderp, i had a 98 honduh

Welcome!

Who told you stage 1 is bad? And did they give any reason for that?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

my friend who knows a lot of subaru modders mentioned to me that it runs the car to lean and can hurt it badly?

I Support ClubWRX

Follow the link in my signature for information. It may result in a better running car than your current approach.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i have never heard of stage 1 being "bad for the car". no offense, but was one of your honda friends jealous you are switching to a fast car and maybe was talking some trash? pulling info out of his butt just to get you all worked up?

some good first mods.....well lets see.....what are you going to do with the car? and what are your goals?

most ppl go the staged route. maybe do a few basic suspension mods. going to stage 2 is pretty simple and inexpensive. a cobb accessport and a turboback exhaust will get you there in a hurry. things get a little more pricey once you want to go beyond that level. but coming from the torqueless sub 200whp wonderland that is the honda scene, even a stock wrx is probably gonna feel like a rocket ship.

just so you know, im not just poking fun at hondas. i had a 1995 civic and then an 02 rsx type-s about a decade ago when 200bhp was still considered fast lol so i know quite a bit about hondas, and just how fast 130ft lbs can be! torque-less wonders indeed! trust me when i say, once you get behind the wheel of your wrx, you wont even remember your civic. vtec is fun and it sounds cool. but nothin beats having a car that pins you back in the seat. no civic will ever do that lol

[EDIT]: on a side note, the factory tune is rather lean for emission and fuel economy purposes. much more lean than any of the OTS staged maps....
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 01-13-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Welcome man
    Honestly I see more people on here wanting help with there stage 2 tunes more then stage 1.

Im no stranger to torque after owning a 4.0 v8 olds aurora, and going for rides in my dads kit 427 cobra
    I just want a good car thatll be fun that can also hold its own in winter. Hence straying away from the focus st and dealing with separate winter car. Sorry for the amateur question, but what would a downpipe, exhaust and tune run on an '11 wrx in terms of hp/tq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast