My new (to me) 2011 WRX Hatch
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new (to me) 2011 WRX Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! I've been a proud new owner of a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX hatch for about a month now. ...

Hey guys!

I've been a proud new owner of a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX hatch for about a month now. I can't begin to explain how much I love it!! I bought it damn near brand new with only 18k miles on it and in impeccable shape. Not a scratch on her. I have been a member on this site for a while longer in anticipation of getting my new baby, reading up on the best things to do to the car and what people are having troubles with. Now I am happy to be able to post some pictures here and tell you all about my experiences so far. This is my first post so if it looks messed up, please feel free to give me some helpful hints for the future

Hopefully these pictures show up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	110920

Name:	IMG_0610.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	110921

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	110922

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	110935

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	110925

Picked up a nice, weighted flossy knob in my favorite color!

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	110926

One of the more popular threads that I read about was how ****ty the stock H/U was so I replaced mine with the JVC KW-AV60BT 6.1'' touchscreen with bluetooth capability (which I use everyday to play my music and talk on the phone) The H/U is amazing. Sounds great and looks even better. SO many options! I also purchased a single 10" kicker subwoofer that does exactly what I wanted it to. With a little configuration on the H/U there isn't TOO much bass, just makes the song go "boom" a little more. *perfect*

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	110927

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	110928

I also read that people who have upgraded their H/U had problems with the steering wheel buttons working... Absolutely nothing works on this H/U. The volume, skip, mode, and the bluetooth buttons don't work either. Even the stock AUX and USB ports don't work because the H/U comes with its own. (AUX is in the front of the unit and USB runs a cord through the glove box) But I have read that people purchase the Axxess Adapter from amazon for $40-$50 and everything works fine. I will be looking into getting that wire harness and will report back on how that works for me.

Finally, I took the car to the track for the first time a week ago and it was a blast! I had some troubles with my launch though. I tried revving it up to 5-6k and dropping the clutch and it would bog every time. Maybe I was getting too much grip with the AWD. Idk. So I tried feathering the clutch and that worked A LOT better. I got off the line much quicker and ran faster times. Feathering the clutch took a whole second off my time vs. dropping it. I only did 5-6 runs to minimize the wear and tear on the clutch/tranny but here are my results.

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	110929

Not bad for bone stock. My reaction time was a little slow but, like I said, it was my first time to the track... Ever. This was my last run and it ended up being my best, so I quit while I was ahead Didn't really do too well as far as winning because I went on a Wednesday and there wasn't a lot of people there. The people that WERE there were pushing cars like GTRs, AMGs, Porches, tuned camaros, and actual drag cars that weren't street legal. My sorry ass went up against this disgusting CTS V with nitrous and he ran a 9 sec 1/4 mile. I finished 5 seconds after him he was getting his time slip while I was crossing the finish line. Not really fair but it's all time trials, you're not really racing anybody.

I am definitely looking to go back to the track again but I would like to upgrade to COBB stage 2 first and see what my gains are! I have a few other plans for my car and will post pics as things come up.

Thank you for looking. All feedback welcome
    Happy to be a member!!!!!
    Last edited by SoFloRex; 01-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yay chromeo. [sorry, lurkin on yo' HU] lol

welcome to the club. what track do you guys have over there?

our local orlando track recently shut down & the closest one is about 2 hours or so away.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    yay chromeo. [sorry, lurkin on yo' HU] lol

welcome to the club. what track do you guys have over there?

our local orlando track recently shut down & the closest one is about 2 hours or so away.
    That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. This is the Palm Beach International Raceway. They just recently renovated the place and its a great place to go Wednesdays and Fridays!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloRex View Post
    please feel free to give me some helpful hints for the future

I tried revving it up to 5-6k and dropping the clutch and it would bog every time.
    Don't EVER do that again unless you like replacing transmissions.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Don't EVER do that again unless you like replacing transmissions.

Welcome!
    Thanks!
    Yea, I only did that once or twice and realized it wasn't beneficial at all for launching. I wont be doing it again for the sake of the transmission and for the sake of running a faster time.
    Thanks again.

Welcome! Clean looking hatch you have there.

Ryan @ Nameless
    Name, untitled. Quality, unrivaled.

Contact us at: sales@namelessperformance.com

See what we do and how we do it on our Facebook page.
    In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA? We want your car.

Thanks!
    Yea, I only did that once or twice and realized it wasn't beneficial at all for launching. I wont be doing it again for the sake of the transmission and for the sake of running a faster time.
    Thanks again.
    wont ever launch my car >.<, welcome to the club and clean ride

Re: My new (to me) 2011 WRX Hatch

Finally, I took the car to the track for the first time a week ago and it was a blast! I had some troubles with my launch though. I tried revving it up to 5-6k and dropping the clutch and it would bog every time. Maybe I was getting too much grip with the AWD. Idk. So I tried feathering the clutch and that worked A LOT better. I got off the line much quicker and ran faster times. Feathering the clutch took a whole second off my time vs. dropping it. I only did 5-6 runs to minimize the wear and tear on the clutch/tranny but here are my results.
    silly question, but was the traction control off?

dude i checked out "chromeo" thats some weird ish right there man. def not for me.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Nice kicker sub!

Been rocking Kicker since I could. My amp has lasted 14 years now, but just replaced the sub with a compVX. Still the same amp!

Personally, my 300w amp is plenty for me. I hit over 120 dB (maxing out my dBA meter, easily maxed on dBC) on that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    silly question, but was the traction control off?
    O. M. F. G. I am such an idiot. I didn't even think about that.... *facepalm* But... Like is said, first time to the track, was a little nervous, couldn't think of everything. Good call man.

Quote Originally Posted by drkhead View Post
    Nice kicker sub!

Been rocking Kicker since I could. My amp has lasted 14 years now, but just replaced the sub with a compVX. Still the same amp!

Personally, my 300w amp is plenty for me. I hit over 120 dB (maxing out my dBA meter, easily maxed on dBC) on that setup.

I got a kicker 500W amp. Works perfectly with my sub. Glad I got only 1 10" cause anything more probably would've been too much. Not sure how many DBC mine put out, But, sounds great. Just have to fix the rattling license plate worked out. I hate that.

I had a bone stock 11 wrx sedan and ran a 8.6 1/8th mile on snow tires with a 1.7 60'. I would pretty much redline and ease out the clutch without burning it bad or shocking the driveline. Takes some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I had a bone stock 11 wrx sedan and ran a 8.6 1/8th mile on snow tires with a 1.7 60'. I would pretty much redline and ease out the clutch without burning it bad or shocking the driveline. Takes some practice.
    All pretty impressive numbers man. Good job. Do you remember what you 1/4 mi time was? Just curious. When I was feathering the clutch I was only revving it up to 5-6k. Would like to try your strategy sometime and see if that helps.

Re: My new (to me) 2011 WRX Hatch

O. M. F. G. I am such an idiot. I didn't even think about that.... *facepalm* But... Like is said, first time to the track, was a little nervous, couldn't think of everything. Good call man.
    That's what I'm here for

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.