rear fender flair paint
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rear fender flair paint within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I bought a brand new ISM hatch a few weeks ago and have managed to wrack up 2071 miles ...

rear fender flair paint

So, I bought a brand new ISM hatch a few weeks ago and have managed to wrack up 2071 miles since the 19th. Most of that spent on a car trip back home (WV, I'm active duty Navy stationed in VA). We got some snow while i was there and the roads were heavily salted.

After washing the car I was very disturbed at how many knicks there were on the front side of the rear fender flair (dozens). So my question is what is the best way to protect this area of the car, or is it a lost cause? Another question is if all the new WRX/STi have the plastic covering over that section of the car, or did the dealer forget to take that plastic covering off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mudflaps help. The paintjob sucks though, so you will have chipping. I would recommend doing something upfront to make up for the soft clear coat. Those plastic coverings are there on purpose, it was not a mistake.

KHP
    I had the same issue as you the factory film didn't cover enough area. As soon as I saw knicks accumulating I decided to get mud flaps and had that whole fender section wrapped in clear bra. I've had no issues since then.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.