Hi I'm noob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi I'm noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey forum! I'm new around here and am about to take the plunge into buying a subaru. I've been a ...

Hi I'm noob

Hey forum! I'm new around here and am about to take the plunge into buying a subaru. I've been a subie fan ever since I played gran tourism 3 for the ps2, a few years before imprezas came to the states. When I was in highschool my buddy bought an 04 sti brand new and I have been hooked ever since. Too bad he totaled it a year later ;(

I live in Indianapolis, and at first I thought about buying a late model sti but few I found in the area were either abused or just way over the blue book price. I guess Indiana is not quite on the subaru band Wagon yet...

Now I'm pretty set on buying a new wrx 5 door, but the subaru dealers have such a small stock. I don't know why the dealers are so sparse I may just have to order one and wait

Anyway, I've been reading the forums and look forward to joining the ranks in the coming months!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

every subaru is going to be over the blue book value. these cars go used for as much as a new one usually. esp the sti. will this be your first car? just asking you seem young based on your post. if it is your first or even second car. hell if your under the legal drinking age. i would highly, highly recommend you do not buy an sti. lest you end up like your friend. the regular wrx is a little more forgiving. and cheaper lol. ordering one isnt the end of the world. at least you'll know its on the way!

oh and welcome lol

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hi noob. i'm dez. welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    will this be your first car? just asking you seem young based on your post. if it is your first or even second car. hell if your under the legal drinking age. i would highly, highly recommend you do not buy an sti.
    if he was in highschool in 2004, he's probably 22/23 at the youngest.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Re: Hi I'm noob

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    every subaru is going to be over the blue book value. these cars go used for as much as a new one usually. esp the sti. will this be your first car? just asking you seem young based on your post. if it is your first or even second car. hell if your under the legal drinking age. i would highly, highly recommend you do not buy an sti. lest you end up like your friend. the regular wrx is a little more forgiving. and cheaper lol. ordering one isnt the end of the world. at least you'll know its on the way!

oh and welcome lol
    I'm 25, but young at heart. no you don't have to worry I'm no stranger to a little power, my 87 z28 pushes 325 rwhp. It was my first car and I've been driving it for 10 years just about and I figured its time for a more mature car. I thought about getting a new camaro but they are so popular here in indy, and most of the new camaro owners are huge DBs.

I don't really plan on putting a lot of power into either a wrx or sti at first maybe just to stage two. If I get a base wrx ill prolly just end up trading it in for an sti in a couple years. I dunno, my friends and family are saying, "you talk about the sti so damn much, just man up and buy one already." but I haven't convinced myself that I need a ~40k car plus insurance...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Noob, and welcome!

Keep us posted as your search continues. If you look at used cars, post a link to the ad, and we'll give it a "once over" for you. A trained eye can learn a lot about a car from just a few pictures.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Cool ill definitely do that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum noob.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome and good luck with the search!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Order one with the options you want/color you want its worth the wait
    Hope to see your car pics in 6-9 weeks if you order

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    It took me over a year to find my car and i spent months working on it after i bought it. Dont give up. There's only one, two, or maybe three wrx/sti imprezas for sale in my city at any given time. If buying used just be patient, dont get anything you doubt you want for even a second.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjimfatty View Post
    Hey forum! I'm new around here and am about to take the plunge into buying a subaru. I've been a subie fan ever since I played gran tourism 3 for the ps2, a few years before imprezas came to the states. When I was in highschool my buddy bought an 04 sti brand new and I have been hooked ever since. Too bad he totaled it a year later ;(
    Yet another stupidity-based example of dumb-@$$ parents moronically spending idiotic money on a foolish car for a HS kid who doesn't have even a sliver of the driving skills to handle it (nor could any kid that age possibly be deserving of a brand new $32k car - no offense to your friend).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome fatty

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Welcome!

Yet another stupidity-based example of dumb-@$$ parents moronically spending idiotic money on a foolish car for a HS kid who doesn't have even a sliver of the driving skills to handle it (nor could any kid that age possibly be deserving of a brand new $32k car - no offense to your friend).
    His parents didn't fund it at all actually, he landed a pretty sweet job right out of school. Also the accident wasn't his fault, he got sandwiched at a stop light. After the accident he felt kinda paranoid about driving a small vehicle, cause he got pretty banged up, and ended up buying a truck with the insurance money. Now he's a redneck diesel junky! :facepalm:

I do understand your sentiment though, young rich kids put a bad name to performance cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast