New 2013 wrx has terrible handling characteristics.. Coil overs or sway bars? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2013 wrx has terrible handling characteristics.. Coil overs or sway bars? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^^ I agree with the swaybar and endlink upgrade before going for a full suspension upgrade. OP, I understand your ...

^^^ I agree with the swaybar and endlink upgrade before going for a full suspension upgrade. OP, I understand your comments about the handling dynamics, and my car, a 2013 wrx sedan, was a "wow" in not in a good way in terms of handling. I've swapped out the swaybars, mounting brackets and solid endlinks made a world of difference: Now the car stays flat in turns, transitions etc, and most of all there are a lot more feedback coming from the front end. I may consider additional polyurethane bushings for the steering rack and the front end but i don't want to trade comfort either from a DD

So, if you are set on getting whatever coilovers on all four corners, that is entirely your prerogative, but if it's body roll/swaying motion control/better front end feedback, and want to save lots of money that you can put towards a stage1 or stage2 upgrade, then try the swaybar/endlink remedies suggested by so many

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bit the bullet today. I bought whiteline sways front and rear. Kart boy end links. anthony at vaughn performance was a great help

What size/type (adjustable or fixed) of sways did you end up getting? Are you going to get a more performance-oriented alignment too?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2013 View Post
    It's more than just a body roll problem with the suspension. Just driving average backcountry roads the car feels unsafe exiting an s turn. The body roll kicks the car off it's axis when entering a second turn. It is a little hard to exPlain. But if you have a new Wrx than yOu know what i am talking about. The steering also feels loose and the turn in when entering a cOrner feels a little numb. I am thinking that new springs and sways might be the only chance in fixing what I feel. I think I need to start with sways and end links. But i fear that won't be enough to make it feel safe when driving aggressive.
    I have a brand new 13 and I love the handling. no complaints

I Support ClubWRX
    the 13 doesnt handle like the RS or the 02-07. Simple as that, it can be fixed. Id do sway bars, endlinks, tires and some bilsteins with some epic springs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Re: New 2013 wrx has terrible handling characteristics.. Coil overs or sway bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2013 View Post
    I bit the bullet today. I bought whiteline sways front and rear. Kart boy end links. anthony at vaughn performance was a great help

Great!

i like the dog humping how did you get that

Whiteline 24 mm front adjustable and 22mm rear adjustable with kart boy end links front and rear. I think bilstein dampers and black springs are in the future but not in the budget now

I Support ClubWRX
    Konis & Epic springs are a more pocket friendly option if you think the Bilsteins are too expensive.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellHealey View Post
    i like the dog humping
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX

New 2013 wrx has terrible handling characteristics.. Coil overs or sway bars?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Konis & Epic springs are a more pocket friendly option if you think the Bilsteins are too expensive.
    That's something I was looking into myself. Any idea how difficult it is to install the Konis? It seems manageable, but not as easy as the Bilsteins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650
    That's something I was looking into myself. Any idea how difficult it is to install the Konis? It seems manageable, but not as easy as the Bilsteins.
    Rears are replacement struts. Fronts are inserts (measure twice, cut once). Overall, it's not that difficult.

I'd recommend a firmer spring like the RCE Black/Yellow with the Konis, personally.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Should've bought a BRZ. I test drove my '13. Sure I'll want to tear it apart and upgrade everything over the next few years but right now I am pleased with an AWD 4dr that's pretty quick.

Re: New 2013 wrx has terrible handling characteristics.. Coil overs or sway bars?

Brzs are so slow, you have to redline them to feel like you are going anywhere. Maybe if they slap a turbo or supercharger on it in the future it would be better. They are still fun to drive but I don't think I would buy one. Especially since they cost just as much as a base wrx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjimfatty View Post
    Brzs are so slow, you have to redline them to feel like you are going anywhere. Maybe if they slap a turbo or supercharger on it in the future it would be better. They are still fun to drive but I don't think I would buy one. Especially since they cost just as much as a base wrx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Cool story bro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12