New Blaze Yellow 2002 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Blaze Yellow 2002 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist Looks like sonic yellow (my preference over blaze). Welcome to the club I thought the Sonic ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Looks like sonic yellow (my preference over blaze).

Welcome to the club
    I thought the Sonic Yellows were much more vibrant and the Blaze yellows were the more canary yellowish ones (like this one)?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The car is Blaze Yellow, it seems like a Sonic but i enhanced the color with photoshop.

The Car was tuned and already at 300+ with 18 pnds of boost when i got it, I've re-searched that a BOV actually does save a motor if it is over the stock boost pressure. It eliminates unwanted surge from going back into the throttle body. That being the reason why i had gotten the BOV.

The turbo timer is just a convenience to me so that i dont have to sit and wait for the my turbo to cool down after some fun.

After shattering the gears that first came with the car i figured a new set would last, apparently not, so now i'll be going with a STi 6spd (recommended by several Subie shops and online dealers).

And its not driving like a Ass that messed up my transmission. It was Not Driving Like A P#SSY when a SRT-4 and a hefty Chevelle pulls up next to me.

bet you felt manly as **** when your tranny blew up...

I Support ClubWRX
    Bov is a a touchy subject with these cars, I've never heard it to be good for them. And a turbo timer is totally unneeded. If my 5mt goes I'm doing an sti swap, so nice job on that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

who would feel "manly as ****" ? i didnt, yeah i was upset but oh well,. lesson learned. i learned first hand as to why 1st and 2nd gear in a wrx are called "glass gears". now i have a reason to do a sti swap. should be great fun after the swaps completed.

turbo timer may be un-needed but once you have it. its actually convenient and fun!

i've read around that a bov is beneficial with turbo cars...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaznJuice View Post
    I've re-searched that a BOV actually does save a motor if it is over the stock boost pressure
    Unless you are running 30+ PSI of boost, compressor surge is a non-issue. The stock BPV is more than adequate in handling the venting of 18 PSI. Furthermore, HKS is a brand that is known to leak. Combined with the fact that you are now releasing metered air into atmosphere, all-in-all you have decreased the performance of your car.

The turbo timer is just a convenience to me so that i dont have to sit and wait for the my turbo to cool down after some fun.
    Again, something that a little research would have avoided. The WRX turbo is water cooled. This means that the coolant continues to flow long after the motor has ceased to move air. There is no need to leave your car idling in the parking lot. This leaves a Turbo Timer with no advantages and the disadvantage of wasting gas.

TAnd its not driving like a Ass that messed up my transmission.
    First you say this. Then you follow with this:

It was Not Driving Like A P#SSY when a SRT-4 and a hefty Chevelle pulls up next to me.
    Which is entirely contradictory to your first statement. Perhaps exercising a little constraint on the road and saving it for the track would have saved your transmission; I'm not sure. What I do know is that discussion of street racing is explicitly against forum rules.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The Car was tuned and already at 300+ with 18 pnds of boost when i got it, I've re-searched that a BOV actually does save a motor if it is over the stock boost pressure. It eliminates unwanted surge from going back into the throttle body. That being the reason why i had gotten the BOV.
    The stock BPV does the same thing...eliminates boost pressure from surging back into the turbo, but dumps it into the intake tract...BOV isn't necessary until you're pushing 20+ PSI.

Not convenient if it's not necessary. Just a waste of time and money...and gas. We have oil/water cooled turbos which is plenty adequate.

And its not driving like a Ass that messed up my transmission. It was Not Driving Like A P#SSY when a SRT-4 and a hefty Chevelle pulls up next to me.
    Well that's a complete contradiction...how much did not driving like a P#SSY cost you again? Seems worth it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User ScoobyMuscleMike's Avatar
    should have just saved up some more $$ and went with an STI lol sounds like you drive a little hard for a wrx

Re: New Blaze Yellow 2002 WRX

Do you have any personal experience or is this hearsay? I happen to run north of 300whp on the stock drivetrain. It's all in how you drive the car.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I miss spoke. All I was trying to say is you can't expect to build up your motor and drive it like a racecar and not end up breaking something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12