Just started modding my 2011 WRX Hatchback

This is a discussion on Just started modding my 2011 WRX Hatchback within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been very patient in doing anything to the car while it is still under warantee, but the temptation is ...

I've been very patient in doing anything to the car while it is still under warantee, but the temptation is too great here in Portland. Went to the COBB first Thursday event in December, and broke down and got the short flow intake, airbox, and Accessport. Also got a towhook license plate holder from GrimmSpeed and finally got around to fixing the squeaky dashboard. Now that the dashboard is finally fixed, it's like a brand new car. I may look at other mods, but am pretty happy in how WReX looks and sounds right now. The wife loves the new "breathing" intake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    happy modding.... also stage 2 is a great and fun upgrade
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Looks like you're local to us here! Always happy to see another PNW Suby.

Let me know if you start thinking about wanting to do something about the exhaust.

Ryan @ Nameless
    Name, untitled. Quality, unrivaled.

Contact us at: sales@namelessperformance.com

See what we do and how we do it on our Facebook page.
    In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA? We want your car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    happy modding.... also stage 2 is a great and fun upgrade
    +1
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

enjoy but take baby steps... thats what i learned on my Civic si i like to thoroughly enjoy each mod instead of slapping everything on at once

The short intake isn't a good mod to do since you've gone from cold air with the stock intake to now hot air. You should go to an AEM (cheaper and dry filter media) or Cobb with the airbox (more expensive and oiled filter that causes MAF issues), both of which are compatible with your Cobb AP.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks for the responses. It is the Cobb intake with the Cobb box. The next thing I'm looking at is swaybars. I'd like to reduce the body roll in corners without lowering the suspension. The road I live on and my driveway would tear up my front bumper, but I've heard good things about significant improvements with upgraded swaybars and endlinks. I've been eyeing up Eibach front and rear bars with Kartboy endlinks. Any recommendations?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bdy107 View Post
    I've been very patient in doing anything to the car while it is still under warantee, but the temptation is too great here in Portland. Went to the COBB first Thursday event in December, and broke down and got the short flow intake, airbox, and Accessport. Also got a towhook license plate holder from GrimmSpeed and finally got around to fixing the squeaky dashboard. Now that the dashboard is finally fixed, it's like a brand new car. I may look at other mods, but am pretty happy in how WReX looks and sounds right now. The wife loves the new "breathing" intake.
    What did you do to stop your dash from rattling?

I pulled off the A-pillar covers and inserted a strip of sticky backed velcro to the hole in the dash on each side. It was so easy, just popped off the SRS cover, unscrewed the 1 screw and carefully pulled it off. Then I got 18"x 3/4" sticky backed velcro from Michael's, and used half of the soft side on each side of the hole where the A-pillar cover inserts into the dash. Instantly removed all the squeaks in the dash, and I am so happy with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I pulled off the A-pillar covers and inserted a strip of sticky backed velcro to the hole in the dash on each side. It was so easy, just popped off the SRS cover, unscrewed the 1 screw and carefully pulled it off. Then I got 18"x 3/4" sticky backed velcro from Michael's, and used half of the soft side on each side of the hole where the A-pillar cover inserts into the dash. Instantly removed all the squeaks in the dash, and I am so happy with it.
    Nice...I complained about this at the dealership and they took off the A-pillars and filled it with some nasty crap that stopped the rattling for a while, but alas...Now that the winter cold has set in it is rattling again! Not that big a deal because the sound of my exhaust pretty much drones it out, but I am one of those people that hears every little rattle and it drives me mad! I had a chevy blazer when I first got my license and it had the cheapest interior on the planet. After a month of a 2000 watt subwoofer set up the whole thing rattled. I had little pieces of rubber stuck in every nook and cranny!

Glad you found a way to stop it though. Other than the dash nothing rattles in my STi, which is surprising after over two years of good ole Maine potholes and frost heaves!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Nice...I complained about this at the dealership and they took off the A-pillars and filled it with some nasty crap that stopped the rattling for a while, but alas...Now that the winter cold has set in it is rattling again! Not that big a deal because the sound of my exhaust pretty much drones it out, but I am one of those people that hears every little rattle and it drives me mad! I had a chevy blazer when I first got my license and it had the cheapest interior on the planet. After a month of a 2000 watt subwoofer set up the whole thing rattled. I had little pieces of rubber stuck in every nook and cranny!

Glad you found a way to stop it though. Other than the dash nothing rattles in my STi, which is surprising after over two years of good ole Maine potholes and frost heaves!
    Definitely try this fix. I've been dealing with that dash rattle for nearly 2 years now, over every bridge seam, pothole and speed bump. I am just more frustrated that I didn't fix it sooner.

I Support ClubWRX

Thanks for the responses. It is the Cobb intake with the Cobb box. The next thing I'm looking at is swaybars. I'd like to reduce the body roll in corners without lowering the suspension. The road I live on and my driveway would tear up my front bumper, but I've heard good things about significant improvements with upgraded swaybars and endlinks. I've been eyeing up Eibach front and rear bars with Kartboy endlinks. Any recommendations?
    I was looking at that same setup. I ended up going with the Rallitek track spec package. It was basically the same price as the eibach and kartboy stuff. 25 mm front and 22 mm rear and endlinks. I am very happy with their sways and endlinks. Pretty easy install and it made a huge handling difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html