Just bought my first WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just bought my first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new member here and proud owner of a brand new 2013 Subaru WRX. Already in love with it ...

Just bought my first WRX

Hey everyone, new member here and proud owner of a brand new 2013 Subaru WRX. Already in love with it but one of the main reasons I got a WRX is the large aftermarket performance options... I did get the stock model due to prices, but looking to change that up a bit!!

Looking for ideas on what are the first things to add on to it, some idea's that me and my brother came up with are Air intakes, Performance chips, Blow off Valve (they sound awesome IMO).... Looking to see what the WRX community thinks would be the first things to do.. If you have some idea's for me I would appreciate brand names / links etc.

Thanks and glad to join the WRX club!!
    Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Just bought my first WRX

Don't buy a blow off valve. You'll mess things up. These engines do not like them unless they are a recirculation valve.

Buy some suspension parts first. That should always be the first step.

Next get a Cobb ap, flash a stage 1 tune and run on it for alittle while. Then do a dp and go to stage 2. An intake isn't really necessary either but it's not like a bov where you want to avoid them.
    Last edited by 99pgpgt; 01-01-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Welcome!

My '13 is still stock but I know alot of guys go with endlinks/swaybars or ECU flash as a first mod.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post

Next get a Cobb ap, flash a stage 1 tune and run on it for alittle while. Then do a dp and go to stage 2. An intake isn't really necessary either but it's not like a bov where you want to avoid them.
    ^ this ^

and research, lots of it. i'm still learning and my mods are a Cobb SF Intake + Box, Cobb Downpipe... i got pro tuned because i was having boost problems with the OTS stage 2 maps.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

welcome new member
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, theres a lot of mods to do, i would either do suspension or stage 2 after the break in period. and yes no BOV they are unneeded
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and this ^. First thing I did was new sway bars and end links. It really helped the handling a lot and was a good "bang for your buck" modification. I then did the accessport stage 1 and then stage 2.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

First off don't buy a BOV waste of money. read why here "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) First mod of my choice would be either stage 1 which is just a protune or stage 2 which is a protune and aftermarket dp.

My first mod was rally armour mudflaps, I put them on a few days after i got the car just to try and save my paint. Next i tinted it, and flashed stage 1 + cobb sf intake and next i got an axleback exhaust. If you wanted a BOV and an intake, just get a bypass valve and an intake. Its not needed until higher power levels but it does produce a good sound.

First I want to thank everyone for the welcome and advice,
    I think I should have started off with letting you all know what my intentions are and my working on car "experience".
    This is my daily driver and sole vehicle, I have limited car knowledge with most of that from my brother who would be helping me out with anything I do (he is much more car savvy than myself).
    I have paid for the 6 year warranty, and not looking to void it with parts that can't be "easily" taken on and off. I am interested in how the re-circulation kits work with the BOV's (I know that you are all against BOV's but just looking at all options and I will not put a BOV on if it will damage my WRX. Not really interested in suspension parts at this time, because I'm on a limited budget and not sure how easily that is swapped out (slightly worried about canceling the warranty as previously stated).

I see there is a lot of talk about doing a stage 1 tune and stage 2 tune upgrades.. I would be interested in learning what the difference between these two stages are and what I could expect from each.

Thanks again
    -Andy-

2013 Subaru Impreza WRX (Stock)

I Support ClubWRX

Just bought my first WRX

Hello follow the link on my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    stage 1 is basically just an ecu flash. can be easily put back to stock if you want, may be what you are after. the recirc BOV just hooks up like the stock one and sent the extra air back in the system and most have an option to allow to change between full recirc and vent to atmosphere
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

A cat back exhaust and AEM drop in air filter will not void any warranty. If you start tinkering with reprogramming the ECU and it can be proven this damaged the car, Subaru will not cover the damage.

Re: Just bought my first WRX

As far as the warranty goes they can deny any claim as drastic as not using a OEM oil filter. stating the cause of a oil related issue is caused cuz of that. The warranty is hit and miss. Stage 1 is just a tune with no aftermarket upgrades. They will modify a new map to give you a smoother power band than the stock map. Stage 2 is a pro tune with a aftermarket downpipe installed this will net you about 50awhp with a protune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    everything aftermarket can have warranty claims denied and problems. depends on the dealer
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast