First WRX! '08 Hatch

This is a discussion on First WRX! '08 Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been lurking around for a little while guy now I figure it's time to say hi New to to ...

First WRX! '08 Hatch

I've been lurking around for a little while guy now I figure it's time to say hi New to to Subarus (I come as a FWD Volvo guy), picked it up last night, '08 Hatch with 42k. I'd had the pleasure of driving a Bugeye STI and a '13 WRX, loved them, and the '08 came at just the right time, with the right price and mileage. Car is pretty much spotless and runs great. Looks like we have snow coming tomorrow as well!

Three things on my list-
    Stock Radio isn't that great and doesn't have bluetooth. I've got a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH that'll be here tomorrow, planning on sorting that one out myself!
    Gotta get my V1 wired up! Gonna hardwire it with the remote display but not sure where to put it yet. All that gear is on it's way.
    I'll try to be polite here, but the stock shifter reminds me of a late-90s Camry 5-speed. Have my eye on a short shifter, any suggestions?

Glad to be here, I think it'll be fun

This is the only photo I've got so far, sorry shot it in almost total darkness,.. I'll post some more to the Photo forum when I get a chance. Photography is a big hobby of mine!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7085.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	110654

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hooray
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-29-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX

First WRX! '08 Hatch

Welcome, congrats.

There are several shifters, including Subaru and Kartboy.

One thing to do is to go to a local meet and talk to other owners, maybe ask to shift their car while it's off to get a feel for the choices out there.

The photography forum has been lively lately, and more shots would be great.

See the link in my signature for info on the cars if you like.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Re: First WRX! '08 Hatch

Snow!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1356804772967.jpg