Should I buy a WRX now or wait........
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Should I buy a WRX now or wait........ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am considering a 2013 WRX. And I am wondering if I should wait for the 2014's- and here is ...

Should I buy a WRX now or wait........

I am considering a 2013 WRX. And I am wondering if I should wait for the 2014's- and here is why. I owned a 2010 WRX hatch, bought new for a brief period. I sold it due to the less than average MPG- especially on the highway- when cruising at 80 MPH. The traffic here in So FL drives incredibly fast on the highway- 80-100 MPH and sometimes, even more. With my 2010 WRX I got 16-17 MPG at 80. I now have a 2011 MazdaSpeed 3- which is soon to go to my son- he loves it and it gets over 30 MPG on the highway going 80- driving it exactly the same as the WRX I had. I don't know if something was wrong with my 2010- it seemed to get better mileage when I lived in New England than when I moved to a warmer climate- FL. I did not have it checked out. I also have a Nissan Juke- soon to go to my daughter- love it and it gets 29 MPG just driving around town. So, I want something fast and with AWD and still love the WRX's. The 2014's I hear are supposed to get the CVT or offer a 6 speed manual with a completely different engine making it much more fuel efficient. The wait will be excruciating though as in May of 2013 I will have no car until they are available- and who knows when that will be. And I don't want to buy a beater then have to unload it as almost a freebie when the 2014's finally do come out. So wait, or buy now with the incentives available on the 2013's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think the WRX will have the CVT tranny. The engines are a newer design and likely a bit more efficient. But in all you will not get a 30 mpg WRX (at 80 - 100 MpH). I don't believe that will happen...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep your MS3 until you get your WRX. If your son needs a car, he can use the Juke. If your daughter needs the car too, they can split it. If a beater car is needed, I would say one of the kids should have it. If you have to choose, have the son get the beater, as he'll be more likely to wreck it.

I bought both of my cars. If my parents would've given me anything, I'd have been happy.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

100% agree^

then you can wait for the 14 to come out and if a new body style and u dont like it get a new 13 for cheaper

Considering EPA estimates are only done up to 60mph you should absolutely get less than average mpg at 80mph.

Slow down.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

What I meant is : I don't believe it will happen in ANY year. Unless 50 yrs from now, when everyone is driving God-knows-what, and at a minimal pace...
    FWIW, my WRX gets about 28Mpg Highway, at speeds about 75-80, anything more and MpG's drop, noticeable. Best MpGs around 50-60... (not very practical for long distances)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Perhaps something was wrong with it? I drive around 80-85mph on the highway. And always get better than the rated mileage. Even my 4x4 truck which is rated at 14 city 18 highway gets 20 mpgs the whole way going between Vegas and San Diego. that's 2 mpgs higher than its rated going 85 the entire way.

It seems most ppl get between 24-27 on the highway in the newer wrx's. 17 is bad even for city. I can't imagine getting that on the highway

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.