New here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Im new to this site and was wondering if someone could help me out. I want a 4 door ...

New here

Hello, Im new to this site and was wondering if someone could help me out. I want a 4 door WRx STI and none of the dealerships around here stock them. Am I gonna have to order this car without even test driving it? I have a family, but dont want a crappy accord or something. If im gonna have 4 doors I atleast want something fun to drive. Im not gonna be doing any upgrades to it. I just want it bone stock but with some horsepower. Any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks!

-Drew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a wrx should do the trick and id think they would have one to test drive? why have you picked a subaru sti? why not a wrx or other brand car?

I Support ClubWRX

New here

I'd not buy a car I'd not test driven. Just my view.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I want the performance from the STI. And Im just not crazy about any other car. The mitsubishi lancer evo looks nice, but Ive heard better things about the STI.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew315 View Post
    I want the performance from the STI. And Im just not crazy about any other car. The mitsubishi lancer evo looks nice, but Ive heard better things about the STI.
    what types of things?

I agree. Hopefully I can find one to test drive. Just trying to figure out why no dealerships around me have them.

Performance . Reliable. Nice interior

well whatever you like more, but try test driving a WRX to get the general feel for the car, interior, then see if they can bring an sti in or find one at a local dealer and have it brought over. i wouldnt buy a car without testing it

Quote Originally Posted by Drew315 View Post
    what about the "performance" do you need to tote your family around? not trying to be an ass or saying dont buy the sti. but the wrx is just as fast if not faster 0-60. if your not gonna modify, track, or otherwise race it then you really dont need the brembos, blistiens, lsd's, dccd...ah you get the idea. the regular rex will do commuter/family duties with a better ride and even a few more mpgs. options are the same across the board so its not like your gonna get a better stereo in the sti or anything

i just went through this dilema myself. couldnt decide between the base wrx and the sti. i actually ordered the sti initially but changed my mind and ended up ordering a base wrx, figured i could save 10k and still get a pretty badass car.
    also, dont get so caught up in the numbers on paper. go drive a regular wrx. i think you'll be surprised how fast 265hp feels. i sure was

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Everything in this thread is wrong.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Especially the part about the STI having Bilsteins
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I took a risk and ordered my 2013 without ever driving a wrx. I was in the same position where nobody in my area would stock them. For me, I saved the extra $8,000 and went with the WRX instead of the STI. It has plenty of power for a daily driver.

I just bought a wrx 2 weeks ago...i love it. 265 HP is damn fast at least i think so.....3rd n 4th pulls so hard its insane, i cant wait to start modding it

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

I would not buy a car I haven't test driven.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Keep in mind that if you order it, your not necessarily obligated to purchase it until you have signed all the paperwork. My dealer took me on a test drive when mine came in to make sure that I loved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast