Wrx sti

This is a discussion on Wrx sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there just bought a 2001 wrx sti do think it is a good idear to get a turbo timer ...

Smile Wrx sti

Hi there just bought a 2001 wrx sti do think it is a good idear to get a turbo timer put on her

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Not sure about non-USDM models, but here in the states we don't need a turbo timer. The turbos are oil/water cooled

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Smile Reply

Ok thank you will have a look on ebay for one

I Support ClubWRX

Wrx sti

You don't need a turbo timer.

I'd not fit one. Time, expense, and no need. What's not there can't fail.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

what these guys said. turbo timers are not necessary on a modern oil/water cooled turbo

Turbo timer

So no point really on a turbo timer as want make a lot of deference just thought it helps keep the turbo oil time to cool down

No idea what you're trying to say...But they are a waste of time and money. You don't need a turbo timer on a WRX. The turbo is already adequately cooled with the factory system.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

Turbo timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoby steve View Post
    So no point really on a turbo timer as want make a lot of deference just thought it helps keep the turbo oil time to cool down
    I believe instead of responding you are starting new threads. Hit "reply" to respond in the same thread.

No point in turbo timer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.