Just picked up a 2013 DGM 5-door
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just picked up a 2013 DGM 5-door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've wanted a WRX for a while now, but had heard rumblings about the new model being on the horizon ...

Just picked up a 2013 DGM 5-door

I've wanted a WRX for a while now, but had heard rumblings about the new model being on the horizon and was waiting to hear more on a potential release date before getting one. Last week I searched and saw that it could be 2+ years away and said screw it, I'm getting one now. I really liked the looks of the 5 doors and loved dark gray metallic, so I searched around ended up finding a dealership that had a base and premium 5-door in DGM. Drove down with my dad Friday night to check them out. I got my love of cars from my dad and had never bought a new car before, so I figured it'd be a good idea to bring him down to ensure I didn't get hosed (I think he might have been more excited about me getting a new car than I was as well). I was leaning towards the base model, because most of the upgrades on the premium are cold weather related and not really needed in Arizona. We got down there and I test drove a base model with 10 miles on it and was sold. Had a great experience at the dealership as well, if anyone in AZ is looking for a Subie I'd highly recommend the Subaru Superstore in Chandler, AZ (ask for Ben, he was my salesman). It was a 50+ mile drive for me one way, but I'd do it all over again!

I snowboard, so I'm looking at getting a Thule rack pretty soon here and then leaving it be for a while. Well that and a bike rack because I'm a pretty avid mountain bike as well and I don't really want to do a roof mounted one. Getting them up and down makes me nervous, one slip and the paint is trashed. I got an E30 bimmer when I was 15 (23 now) and took it to PIR's road course a few times and plan on doing the same with the WRX. Sometime down the road I might do some suspension work and get new wheels/tires. Photography is another hobby of mine, so I'll have some better pics with my DSLR later this week. For now here's a few I snapped with my phone:

At the dealership

After driving home

At the bank the following day to get a cashiers check for the down payment:

I put 250 miles on it in the first 24 hours, about 160 of them being driving home from the dealership and then back out the next day, and I absolutely love it. The interior looks a lot nicer in person than it did in the pics I saw online. Zero complaints so far! Well other than that I'm afraid to do some last minute Christmas shopping in it, parking lots get me paranoid now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats, Welcome, Merry Christmas & Greetings from Chi-Town!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, nice car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats. great looking car.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Nice color choice.

Welcome - congrats on your new ride - nice color. You're 23 - I'm 60 and have had my ISM Hatch for one week today - enjoy.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    Welcome - congrats on your new ride - nice color. You're 23 - I'm 60 and have had my ISM Hatch for one week today - enjoy.
    Congrats! Age is just a number!

Here's a pretty awesome sunset from tonight (posted it up in the members showoff section as well):

-2013 DGM WRX 5-door

Welcome and congrats on your WRX...who knows....the 2013 WRX could be a collector item if the next model falls flat on it's face...though I suspect not...regardless...awesome buy!
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.