Getting dream car

This is a discussion on Getting dream car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got a call from dealership that my 5 door STI will be here dec 26 after ordering it on ...

Getting dream car

Finally got a call from dealership that my 5 door STI will be here dec 26 after ordering it on oct 9 can't wait. I was wondering what is the best protocol on breaking it in, knowing I don't want to drive it like I stole it but I do want to I joy it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Generally, for the first 1000 miles keep it under 4000rpm and under 10psi boost. Some boost is good to seat the rings, but don't floor it. Never cruise at constant RPM (do not use cruise control), and engine brake when applicable. Also, no synthetic oil in the first 1000 miles. That's about it.

With my built engines, I have the first few miles done on the dyno tuning a base map, which is good to seat the rings since it loads the engine up good (you don't need to worry about that part). Then I change the oil at 100 miles, and again at 1000 miles. I use a zinc heavy break in oil for the first thousand, then switch to synthetic after that..