feeling like a million bucks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on feeling like a million bucks within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title states, I feel like a new man.. haha. I'm 23 and this is my first new car. ...

feeling like a million bucks

As the title states, I feel like a new man.. haha. I'm 23 and this is my first new car. I'm beyond ecstatic nowadays haha

Been driving a '00 Honda Accord SE since '07, was in the market to scoop a WRX in '10 but boy am I happy I waited another few years

Pretty much shopped around at all the dealers within 40 miles. Ended up buying one to the closest dealer from home since they sell the most WRXs/STIs in the area and gave me the best price. Put in the order on 12/4, got a call on 12/6 that they found a dealer that can swap for the '13 DGM WRX Premium 5-door I've been wanting so bad these past few years. Getting tired of borrowing mama dukes' SUV for snowboard trips

This is my first stick-shift car and driving is a BLAST! I haven't stalled once since I picked it up from the dealer (thanks to friends with beaters back in my high school days)

enough chit chat, on to the good stuff!

I already debadged and threw in some pretty WeatherTech mats since I picked it up on 12/16

I have a Grimmspeed license plate relocation kit waiting to be thrown on and a Kartboy SS w/ bushings laying around waiting to be installed when I'm comfortable enough with shifting so I don't mis-shift or anything In the works of buying bulbs to replace the map/dome/trunk/license plate lights.

Ordered black w/ red logo V2 Rally Armour mud flaps, rain guards and a TWM M1 Abrams graphite shift knob. I'm also working on the flip key mod as we speak. I have a huge list of to-dos that will eventually bring me to Stage 2.

This is an expensive hobby, but I love it already

This is pretty much me all the time now:

Last edited by AzNnYx; 12-18-2012 at 08:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very pretty car congrats.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

KHP
    Welcome and Nice car!

Just gotta remind you not to get too excited and go on a snowboarding trip with your stock summer tires. It's almost guaranteed that you'll end up driving off the mountain. So add a set of winter tires on your mod list.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats. Where from in NY?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Welcome. I just purchased some interior lights from this place LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS thanks to a recommendation from another member on the forum here. Maybe you're already aware of it, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

forgot to mention I'm 23

thanks all for the warm welcome. I feel right at home here and me and the WRX are like peas and carrots, it was just meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    Welcome. I just purchased some interior lights from this place LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS thanks to a recommendation from another member on the forum here. Maybe you're already aware of it, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.
    Right on! Saw this post that rage made and got my info from there - Interior LED Lights. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome & congrats. Where from in NY?
    New Hyde Park on the border of Queens/LI

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Welcome and Nice car!

Just gotta remind you not to get too excited and go on a snowboarding trip with your stock summer tires. It's almost guaranteed that you'll end up driving off the mountain. So add a set of winter tires on your mod list.
    Oh, duh. Forgot to mention winter tires and a rack setup are first on my to-do list before the weekend of jan 11th haha
    Last edited by AzNnYx; 12-18-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Welcome and Nice car!

I second this. I tryed to drive my car in the snow on stock summers, i got it up to about 10-15 mph, went to stop and slid verryy far lmao. Put some blizzacks on and jeez, it handles just as nice in the snow on the blizzacks as it does on a warm sunny day with the summer sports! (obviously exaggerating, but the change that i saw after just switching the tires is truly shocking.)

I Support ClubWRX
    Great looking ride and I couldn't agree more about the winter tires.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Congrats man.

I work in new hyde park/lake success. right across from the shopping center on union.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on your first new car! definitely a great feeling

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Congrats! I was also 23 when I got my '11. It's a great feeling.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Congrats and best of luck. I know the feeling. And DGM being the best color makes it that much better.

welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast