Day one in Ellsworth, ME repost from ealier string
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Day one in Ellsworth, ME repost from ealier string within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; "This is the day", I said to my wife at 6:00 am. Go to the bank, deposit the funds, drive ...

"This is the day", I said to my wife at 6:00 am. Go to the bank, deposit the funds, drive the Audi A4 1.8T quattro to the guy who is interested in buying it, walk a quarter of a mile to the Subaru dealer and it is freakin' cold - like 20 degrees and windy. I walk all over the lot, small dealer, and finally find my ride in the back and snapped these pics.Attachment 110441Attachment 110442Attachment 110443Attachment 110444Attachment 110445

A couple of initial comments - good looking stock 17s is it Graphite? And call me a boy-racer if you want (I'm 60 so I guess that would be old boy-racer) but those clear lense clusters look really kewl. In the same vein, the quad pipes are mucho gusto!

Took my wife of 30 years out for a cruise to look at Christmas lights - she likes it says it rides well. I think she knows . . .don't you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Great looking car. I really like the silver. Enjoy the new ride and stay warm!
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Ellsworth! I'm headed to Swan's Island Wednesday night! Maybe I'll see you driving around. I'll be in my mother-in-laws Volvo X70... my wrx is staying in Vegas for this trip, wish I could bring it out. Car looks great, make sure you get rid of the Summer tires if it still has them, they'll be worthless in the snow that's coming through the area

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    Ellsworth! I'm headed to Swan's Island Wednesday night! Maybe I'll see you driving around. I'll be in my mother-in-laws Volvo X70... my wrx is staying in Vegas for this trip, wish I could bring it out. Car looks great, make sure you get rid of the Summer tires if it still has them, they'll be worthless in the snow that's coming through the area
    +1 on the tires. Summer tires and even all seasons are horrific in the snow. Obviously just get rid of them for the winter lol.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by matsayz View Post
    You have family up here? I love Maine but this time of year most people are looking for a couple weeks or months in the lower latitudes. I gotta find a solution - maybe buy some snows from the dealer and then look for some rims for next year. I had the steelies for years and they IMO look cheapo (wifey hates em too) and you married guys know about the Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF).

Have a great trip to Swan's Island. There's only a couple of ISM hatches in the area so if you see one it's 50/50 that it's me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your car looks good, have fun with it. I run the stock rims with the snow tires and ones I picked out on tirerack during the summer. I have steelies on the Honda and wanted something different for the subie.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    You have family up here? I love Maine but this time of year most people are looking for a couple weeks or months in the lower latitudes. I gotta find a solution - maybe buy some snows from the dealer and then look for some rims for next year. I had the steelies for years and they IMO look cheapo (wifey hates em too) and you married guys know about the Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF).

Have a great trip to Swan's Island. There's only a couple of ISM hatches in the area so if you see one it's 50/50 that it's me.
    Yeah just find something decent looking for the winter. Try www.tirerack.com and see if like something on there.

My wife's family lives on Swan's and some in Belfast too. I'm going to freeze my ass off. Ill wave if I see a WRX for sure

Congrats. Age means nothing! You are young at heart and that's what counts!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.