New guy wanting help and ideas - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New guy wanting help and ideas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR Sorry, I cannot help. I've owned a DSM. If your wife needs hard proof against the ...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry, I cannot help. I've owned a DSM. If your wife needs hard proof against the Evo based on the DSM, I don't know quite what to say. Has your experience with a DSM been satisfactory?
    I owned a 2006 evo 8, a 1996 3000 gt vr-4, a 2001 eclipse, a 1998 eclipse gst, 1996 eclipse gs, and the thing is i dont want want something that has lifters stick all the time no matter how many times i clean the head. My gst crank walked bad so about 2 years ago i got into honda but seeing as honda doesnt have a really good awd system and not enough power in any car stock off the line for me that has room.
    NO more kids for awhile and yea 5 door wrx i figured would have more room than the evo i used to have

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My Subaru has been much more reliable than my DSM. I'd not go back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok so no evo then down to deciding between WRX STI or WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jawnewbe2
    ok so no evo then down to deciding between WRX STI or WRX
    Do you want a DD car that you can use at the track or a track car you can use as a DD?

Especially with the newer models, without pushing the cars to their absolute limits, you won't realize the benefits of the STI. If you have no intention of racing the car or heavily modifying, the WRX is often the better choice.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ok now which one is easier to build has more you can do to it like for instance a integra gsr you can do more to than a type r just wondered if the wrx and the sti are the same

I Support ClubWRX

New guy wanting help and ideas

Buy the newest, most evolved chassis you can. The STi driveline is better; however the earlier cars were poorer road cars than the corresponding WRX. This has been corrected recently.

Go drive both and decide.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

the wrx dont have much go bad with then an four wheel drive is way better in snow an ice. wrx or sti up to you pocket book. but better than a charger any day. the 6.1 would be fun till it snowed. the 3.5 would not get you to the buss stop in snow. i not a evo fan but if you dont mind the car doing the driving it can do a good job in bad weather.

the sti an wrs have a lot of parts out there just a little more costly than integras cuz less of them made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12