New to the Subaru community
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the Subaru community within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what is up everyone. just bought a '11 WRB WRX last week! my first one. i have always wanted one ...

New to the Subaru community

what is up everyone. just bought a '11 WRB WRX last week! my first one. i have always wanted one when they first came out but i have always had a gsx or tsi in the past years. just moved up to jersey and decided to buy a new car. something awd and turbo of course. was looking at a 2009 wrx at first but ended up getting this one. can't wait to start some mods but probably not for a while. have 2 kiddies so shes more of my daily driver for now. any advice on a first mod?? thanks and im glad to be a part of this site!! also if anyone has any machining/welding question i will be glad to help, been doing it for 13 years now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 559764_10151572060819358_868366946_n.jpg   155918_10151572060869358_1817430824_n.jpg   59635_10151572060859358_1296104123_n.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats!

The link in my thread is a good place to start learning about modding these cars. I assume you are thinking about more power, of course.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

thanks for the link!

Welcome! Beautiful Automobile!

I am a central NJ guy as well and a 2nd generation WRX owner (2004 and a 2012). We have a local shop here in Lakewood called Precision Tuning and nobody touches my car except those guys. They will spend time talking with you about Mods and are very up front about stuff that you DON'T NEED! I am 43 with a kid too. They realize I will spend the money to give my car the improved performance characteristics while maintaining safety and reliability. If you look at my mod list it is pretty low key. Basic Stage 2+, improved brakes, and swaybars. Covers all the basics - speed, cornering, and stopping power all MUCH improved over stock and still very drivable and reliable.

Best of luck and enjoy the WRX experience!
    2012 WRX 5 door WRB

Protune, Cobb Airbox, Cobb DP, SPT Exhaust, Short throw, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Racing Pads, Goodridge lines, Whiteline front and rear bars and endlinks.

WELCOME!!! All these guy wingless trunks!!! I want a wingless trunk!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Great looking car!
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks everyone. i like the wingless trunk look as well! @slowdown, i am fairly new to the area and live on McGuire AFB. i do see alot of subies out here and the surrounding area. i will check that place out when i ever get the chance.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.