Spare yourselves, go open source, NOT COBB AP. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spare yourselves, go open source, NOT COBB AP. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did you update your AP firmware prior to trying to flash the car? Need more details on how "software froze ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you update your AP firmware prior to trying to flash the car? Need more details on how "software froze the AP"....you spent a lot of time and thread titling on bashing Cobb (silly), but not a lot explaining or walking us through your issue.
    Last edited by lokey; 12-20-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SORRY OP!!!!! seems my joke started an anger war on accident. my bad!!!!!
    good thing daddy moderator stepped in and put me in timeout. lol
    didnt realize this wasnt a freedom of speech forum. now i know, jokes and opinions are not allowed here!
    i swear. ill stay as a sheep in the herd as requested,

EDIT: ill stick to talking trash about other non subaru car enthusiasts as every smug suby owner at any las vegas flat4 meet ive been to does. thanks again, cya forum!!
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 12-20-2012 at 01:52 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    You agreed to our rules when you signed up. If you are into personal insults, and not playing well with others, by all means, find somewhere else to be, online.
    There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" on a private forum. The only law is what the site owner wants. His rules are available with a click of the FAQ link at the top left of every page. Take a moment and get yourself up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    seems my joke started an anger war on accident. my bad!!!!!
    didnt realize this wasnt a freedom of speech forum. now i know, jokes and opinions are not allowed here!
    i swear. ill stay as a sheep in the herd as requested
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

EDIT: ill stick to talking trash about other non subaru car enthusiasts as every smug suby owner at any las vegas flat4 meet ive been to does. thanks again, cya forum!!
    Talking freedom of speech? So we rebut your joke that went awry, and now YOU can't handle it? Hello pot, I'm kettle.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks again, cya forum!!
    kthxbye, we won't miss you. Embrace the banhammer.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Ill buy the accessport from you, just as long as you unmarry it from your ECU!
    SMB

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Well, Got the accessport back in the mail today after dinner. Working fine. Tomorrow I will be loading the stage 2 maps to it (NOT with a mac) and then saturday I will be installing my downpipe and flashing stage 2. I honestly have to say, I did throw quite a tantrum when things went awry, just because I was so excited and ready to go stage 2, but now that I look back, I'm greatly satisfied with the COBB support I was given, and I'll be sure to buy from them again. Thank you all for goin easy on me as I grow up and learn patience is a virtue! Happy modding, oh, and Holidays.

You've found out how excellent Cobb customer support is, which is one very big reason they're so highly respected, aside from their excellent product that's incredibly easy to use and gives great power benefits with just a 5 minute change required and a few button pushes!

Happy motoring with your increased power! The car will be a whole different animal at stage 2 versus stock. Next up for upgrades IMHO would be a good set of brake pads, DOT-4 fluid (ATE Superblue or Motul are good choices) and some stainless lines. After that, a set of Whiteline, Eibach, or other quality sway bars would be the best and cheapest upgrade. Either of these braking/suspension mods will make a similar very significant and noticeable difference in those areas for about a quarter of what the AP and DP cost you (i.e. about $250-300 for either one total).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    You've found out how excellent Cobb customer support is, which is one very big reason they're so highly respected, aside from their excellent product that's incredibly easy to use and gives great power benefits with just a 5 minute change required and a few button pushes!

Happy motoring with your increased power! The car will be a whole different animal at stage 2 versus stock. Next up for upgrades IMHO would be a good set of brake pads, DOT-4 fluid (ATE Superblue or Motul are good choices) and some stainless lines. After that, a set of Whiteline, Eibach, or other quality sway bars would be the best and cheapest upgrade. Either of these braking/suspension mods will make a similar very significant and noticeable difference in those areas for about a quarter of what the AP and DP cost you (i.e. about $250-300 for either one total).
    Thank you, sir. I wasn't really thinking about the next mod just yet because I still need to get the DP installed (who am I lying to, I'm considering my next 5 mods....). I didn't think about brake lines, but I was thinking about getting some sways and endlinks. The thing is, I think with a little help from someone who knows a decent amount (I have some subi buddies in the area!) I can probably get those endlinks and sways installed without having to a pay a mechanic. (I have ramps so I can have the suspension under load while installing). But as far as the stainless steel brake lines go, I would never trust myself to do. I do work at a Used Car Dealership which mostly specializes in like, out of the ordinary cars, I guess you could say, and they work on literally any make or model, I could always have them install the lines and probably a cheaper price then usual since im an employee.

Anywho, Downpipe getting installed Saturday morning at 11! Can not waittttttttt!

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

Thank you, sir. I wasn't really thinking about the next mod just yet because I still need to get the DP installed (who am I lying to, I'm considering my next 5 mods....). I didn't think about brake lines, but I was thinking about getting some sways and endlinks. The thing is, I think with a little help from someone who knows a decent amount (I have some subi buddies in the area!) I can probably get those endlinks and sways installed without having to a pay a mechanic. (I have ramps so I can have the suspension under load while installing). But as far as the stainless steel brake lines go, I would never trust myself to do. I do work at a Used Car Dealership which mostly specializes in like, out of the ordinary cars, I guess you could say, and they work on literally any make or model, I could always have them install the lines and probably a cheaper price then usual since im an employee.

Anywho, Downpipe getting installed Saturday morning at 11! Can not waittttttttt!

EDIT::: No idea why this posted twice, my apologies.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Well, Got the accessport back in the mail today after dinner. Working fine. Tomorrow I will be loading the stage 2 maps to it (NOT with a mac) and then saturday I will be installing my downpipe and flashing stage 2. I honestly have to say, I did throw quite a tantrum when things went awry, just because I was so excited and ready to go stage 2, but now that I look back, I'm greatly satisfied with the COBB support I was given, and I'll be sure to buy from them again. Thank you all for goin easy on me as I grow up and learn patience is a virtue! Happy modding, oh, and Holidays.
    ”NOT with a Mac”....the plot thickens. So, your Mac couldn't run the software and froze the AP?

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    ”NOT with a Mac”....the plot thickens. So, your Mac couldn't run the software and froze the AP?

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    My buddy (a vendor) has loaded numerous AP's on his Mac and for some reason mine froze. Cobb had claimed that Mac 3.0 USB could be the cause, and I had asked what other causes may be, and they said, it is 'under investigation' (not those exact words, but along those lines) and that it does happen on Windows too.

I Support ClubWRX
    System Requirements:
    Windows: XP 32 (not 64bit), Vista (32 or 64bit) or Windows 7 (32 or 64bit)
    OSX: 10.5 or 10.6 (on Intel machines only)

Source: COBB Tuning - Subaru AccessPORT

Greg

Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.