Buying a new 2013 WRX 4dr

This is a discussion on Buying a new 2013 WRX 4dr within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I am beginning the process of buying a WRX. I live in the northern Delaware area and I ...

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar

Buying a new 2013 WRX 4dr

Hey guys, I am beginning the process of buying a WRX. I live in the northern Delaware area and I went to USAA to look on there for what they have to offer and get me set up with a deal for certain amounts off of MSRP. With one dealer I am looking at, it will be about $1500 off MSRP. Since none of the dealers have any in stock in the tristate area, I can wait for one to come in or try some dealer trading to use the one dealer. On top of this $1500 I can get, I was wondering if I would be able to knock the price down lower from about $25000 which would be my starting point with haggling.

What price might I be looking at here and is it best to sit down at the dealer and spec the car out? If so, when does the pricing come into play?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If none are in stock in your area, you have no bargaining power. You will be lucky to get anything off msrp.

Truecar.com
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Re: Buying a new 2013 WRX 4dr

Well, for one, I can almost promise you that any cars that come into the dealerships in your area will have options. I've NEVER seen a non-ordered car allocated to a dealership as a base without options. So if you're going to buy something off the lot add 1200-1500 in options (+delivery).

And like Callahan said, you've got little to no negotiating power if the dealers lots are consistently empty. Your best bet would be to negotiate either on an order, or negotiate off of msrp of a car on the lot (they will move more there because of margins on accessories + markup on the car), then move to an order (-what you got off the car on the lot) and see what they'll do.

You'll have to wait, but you'll get the car you want at the price you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by floods; 12-14-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

Just like I mentioned in few other threads you can still get a base WRX for under $24k in Chicago!
    Even with $800 shipping that would be a win win. PM me if you would like my dealers info.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - Factory order placed 8-11-2012 picked up 11-01-12
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - Factory order placed 12-06-12. Yes! Another one
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I'm new and I just finished the process on Monday check my posts and you will see pics of sticker and sales sheet. If you can get this done by the end of December you have the greatest leverage. Can you travel to get it home?

Banned
    Deciding which car we should buy is never easy. However, it can be very simple whenever we have tool in hand. By the way, I came across the best website when I started looking for a new vehicle. It showed me all the sellers near my location and helped me find the very best deals. I was able to effortlessly compared vehicles until I picked one that worked for me. It was much easier purchasing a vehicle with just a little bit of help. From SPAM edited you will definitely get the top sports car purchasing experience achievable. So go to Magic Nissan of Everett. SPAM edited
    Last edited by TheJ; 12-28-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Spam!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Spam!
    Of course not! I just wanna share my experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeR View Post
    Of course not! I just wanna share my experience.
    You are the weakest link.

good bye.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: