Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, I went to the dealership today to look at a dark grey wrx hatchback standard model. I want ...

Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door

Hello Everyone,

I went to the dealership today to look at a dark grey wrx hatchback standard model. I want to know what is a good number to start at ? how much did you get your wrx for ? dont forget 2.9% apr ..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How much are the asking for it?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Posting your location may yield more relevant answers.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

They are asking for $26,565 and I'm located in Northern Virginia

I Support ClubWRX
    Is that a price for a base WRX? Does it have any accessories. Because MSRP on a base WRX is around $25k or less ( without any accessories).
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Invoice on a base model with no options is right around $25k so that's where you'd want to be. Mine was $24,6xx plus $158 doc fee.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Is that a price for a base WRX? Does it have any accessories. Because MSRP on a base WRX is around $25k or less ( without any accessories).
    MSRP is $26,565.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Yes base model no options . I was thinking of starting at 24,500 , i wonder what his counter offer would be lol

Just Low ball em and go from there stick to your guns. Dont show weakness and make sure they know you are looking at other dealers. At the end of the day they wantyou to buy the car. I sell cars for a living and i just got my 2013 wrx hatch. IT may take some time just be patient and dont give in. Im also in northern va need me 2 go up there lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    MSRP is $26,565.
    My bad. I meant to say Invoice.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

haha, my uncle sells cars too. i was gonna see if he would bargain with them but if that doesnt work out, you're welcome to try

I Support ClubWRX
    $1K under invoice or walk.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Thats a little harder to do in NOVA. Demand for these cars are huge so they dont sit on the lot long. But def give it a shot. I had 3 couples looking at the same car i was and dealer only had 2 and i called around to 10 other dealers who only had 1 0r 2.

$24,822 seems to be the lowest i got a couple dealers to go in CT, not including tax, doc, blah blah blah. so mine was $24,822 +options+tax+etc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I went to the dealership today to look at a dark grey wrx hatchback standard model. I want to know what is a good number to start at ? how much did you get your wrx for ? dont forget 2.9% apr ..
    Just remember that you don't HAVE to buy a car, but they HAVE to sell them. You have the upper hand. Sometimes walking out will make them re-think not giving you a deal. And it sounds like you are financing? Figure out what you would ideally need for a monthly payment rather than total cash outlay (unless you are buy cash), and if they won't work on getting the monthly payment down to where you want to be then tell them you might consider if they throw in some extra "stuff" for you. Either accessories if you like them, tires if they sell them (and they aren't garbage), or maybe an extended warrantee. Also, if you have a trade in they are much more likely to give you a higher value for your trade in than they are to "cut" the price. I have found that if there are "extras" on a car, like short throw shifter, footwell illumination, navigation, etc etc etc, they are more willing to work down than if it is just base model. And finally, I have also found that if I go in toward the end of the month (within the last two days especially) sometimes they are trying to get their "monthly quota" and are more eager to just make a sale rather than make a huge profit off of one car. Car dealerships get better deals from the manufacturer (including recognition) if they hit certain volume targets. Just my input!

Good luck!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.