Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by theda3g0 Seina, I paid ,431 for a black, base hatch with SPT catback, short throw shifter, upgraded ...

Quote Originally Posted by theda3g0 View Post
    Seina,
    I paid $27,431 for a black, base hatch with SPT catback, short throw shifter, upgraded sound system (that still sounds like S***), wheel locks and upgraded security system. This car had a lot of dealer installed options; I think someone had ordered the car with a bunch of non-standard stuff, and then never actually bought it or picked it up. The only other wrx on the lot was a premium silver sedan and a base pearl blue sedan. The hatch was a requirement for me. That price is high according to the National average; about $2,000 high (the non-standard options brought the price up a bit), but again, we seem to have limited options in our area unless you're willing to wait, which I wasn't.
    Thank you for the info. All the cars I'm looking at are in transit and they all have dealer installed options (I would rather buy a base model). At Stohlman Subaru, the sales rep told me that if I place a deposit on their wrx, it would cut the estimated time arrival by 7-10 days since Subaru knows someone is waiting for the car they'll put it on their first shipping truck. Although the deposit is refundable, I'm still a little skeptic about it because only one dealership told me about it. Idk if they're trying to trick me into something or if the other dealerships have no idea about how Subaru ship their cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no its true you can put a rush. Its called making a car a priority it jumps in line kinda like cutting.

i didnt put a deposit down still got mine a week before it was supposed to arrive.

sorry should have been more clear they dont need the deposit to put a car as priority they just like the comitment. they can put it on rush eather way

I went to five Subaru dealers in the NYC metro area and not one had a 5 door base model. I was looking since August, saw a few limiteds and premiums on the lot but never in a color I liked. I ended up ordering in November, paying the sticker price and waiting six weeks. I picked it up on Thursday and it was so worth it. I'd be the worst guy to give advice on how to buy a WRX, but just wanted to pass along info. BTW this site is great, very useful.

The dealership I dealt with asks for a deposit to show your commitment. Majority of the WRX's are presold before they even hit the lot. After placing a deposit, negotiating the final price was still a pain two different salesman and the sales manager to get it down to invoice. I went a similar route and picked one up that was in transit it too arrived about a week early from the estimated delivery date. Good luck with your purchase.
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2002 4runner

Hey Guys, I'm Back With Some Good News But I Changed My User Name To Speed Stars. So Check Out The New Profile

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Hey Guys, I'm Back With Some Good News But I Changed My User Name To Speed Stars. So Check Out The New Profile
    First of all it is against club rules to have more than one profile. If you have any issue accessing your original account contact one of our admins.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456