Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BMOC How you mean that? you don't count sales tax (if you live in NH or non ...

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    How you mean that? you don't count sales tax (if you live in NH or non tax state you don't have it). The only thing on top of the price I quoted was 33 for title fee , 1 for temp tag - these are fees to the state, not the dealer. I also get to pay excise tax of about 2.5 % to my town before I pay for the registration. You might want to check you facts first?
    Your paper shows sales tax at $1239. You had to paid that on top of the $24790, yes?

So you paid $24790 + $1239. That's not $24790 out the door?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man, maybe this will explain it - every state has different taxes. If you buy a car out-of-state, which I have done before and almost did this time, the dealer doesn't charge you sales tax but you pay it when you get home and before you can register the car. So if you buy the car in NH (a no sales tax state) does that make the car cheaper??? If you think so, do that and then explain to your DMV (I am assuming you live in a sales tax state or we wouldn't be having this conversation) that you don't owe any sales tax because you bought the car in NH and see what they say. You could also pay sticker (which some people do) and you still pay tax on top of it. So, buy the car you want at a price you like - that's what I did, or move to NH.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    Man, maybe this will explain it - every state has different taxes. If you buy a car out-of-state, which I have done before and almost did this time, the dealer doesn't charge you sales tax but you pay it when you get home and before you can register the car. So if you buy the car in NH (a no sales tax state) does that make the car cheaper??? If you think so, do that and then explain to your DMV (I am assuming you live in a sales tax state or we wouldn't be having this conversation) that you don't owe any sales tax because you bought the car in NH and see what they say. You could also pay sticker (which some people do) and you still pay tax on top of it. So, buy the car you want at a price you like - that's what I did, or move to NH.
    Thas not true i worked for a daler for 4 years, if some one is buying a car in va but reg in cali we charge them t the % that cali charges. since i sold cars in va the most common out of state shopper was MD. so instead of 3% we charged them 6%. The only way we let them pay ther own taxes is if they are paying cash for the car.

sorry for the missinng lettes my comp keeps freezing up should have checked

I worked for a dealer for 4 years. A otd number is price of the car plus tax tags and fees. When we had out of state buyers they payed The sales tax of there state. So i sold in va we had a ton of MD buyers. Our slales tax is 3% but we charged 6% to them because thats there sales tax we could look up any state and charge there %. only wya we would let u register and pay ur own taxes is if your paying cash. But some other states may have other ways of doing it.

wow sorry for double post wtf my comp said my first post failed lol. Now i look like a jack A-- lol

Update : things are not going my way, and I'm stuck between two colors, Satin White and Ice Silver...

Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Update : things are not going my way, and I'm stuck between two colors, Satin White and Ice Silver...
    Oh ok

I would contact Matt @ beyersubaru. I live in C-Ville but went to alexandria to purchase mine two weeks ago. pretty legit dealership not a lot of hassle. i can give you his email if you want and you can just email him to see @ what price he would go to.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKim View Post
    I would contact Matt @ beyersubaru. I live in C-Ville but went to alexandria to purchase mine two weeks ago. pretty legit dealership not a lot of hassle. i can give you his email if you want and you can just email him to see @ what price he would go to.
    Nice im just about to move to c-ville on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by STkiller View Post
    I worked for a dealer for 4 years. A otd number is price of the car plus tax tags and fees. When we had out of state buyers they payed The sales tax of there state. So i sold in va we had a ton of MD buyers. Our slales tax is 3% but we charged 6% to them because thats there sales tax we could look up any state and charge there %. only wya we would let u register and pay ur own taxes is if your paying cash. But some other states may have other ways of doing it.
    Yeah, maybe that explains it? I don't finance cars so I've never paid out-of-state taxes. I almost bought a car in NY this time and I wouldn't have paid the tax there. The other two times I've bought out-of-state I didn't pay tax until I got home (cash buys).

Quote Originally Posted by STkiller View Post
    Nice im just about to move to c-ville on the 29th.
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lol

i want to wish everyone a happy holiday. hope everyone had a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Good luck with the purchase. I just went through the same decision process that you're working through. I was actually looking at the cars at the same manassass dealership you're talking about. Our area (mid-atlantic) has these vehicles in high-demand. As buyers, we're certainly at a disadvantage (given that demand is currently higher than supply), unless you're willing to place an order and wait. I got lucky and found almost exactly what I wanted for what I consider to be a reasonable price given the supply/demand scenario we deal with for these cars in our area. I'll pull up the invoice tonight and show you the options and price; hopefully that will help you make your decision. I purchased my 13' black hatch in Annapolis.

Seina,
    I paid $27,431 for a black, base hatch with SPT catback, short throw shifter, upgraded sound system (that still sounds like S***), wheel locks and upgraded security system. This car had a lot of dealer installed options; I think someone had ordered the car with a bunch of non-standard stuff, and then never actually bought it or picked it up. The only other wrx on the lot was a premium silver sedan and a base pearl blue sedan. The hatch was a requirement for me. That price is high according to the National average; about $2,000 high (the non-standard options brought the price up a bit), but again, we seem to have limited options in our area unless you're willing to wait, which I wasn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.