Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So for those who's dealing with dealers that won't budge on price, what you going to do? Suck it up ...

So for those who's dealing with dealers that won't budge on price, what you going to do? Suck it up and pay the price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

look, the money saved from msrp to invoice or somewhere in between, while a tidy bit of cash, shouldn't be a deal breaker if you really want the car. you can travel else where to get one, but by the time you add in travel expenses, your time and so on, you will chew into that savings pretty quickly. so find a dealer that has the car you WANT or the dealer you want to order from and go for it. the market on these cars is tightly controlled by subaru in my opinion. keeps the resale values up, but also the new prices don't budge much. there are a lot of instances where dealers get above sticker price for vehicles.

Road trip buying

Guys, I wouldn't buckle to these dealers. Get your best price quote from LA or PHX or wherever and get a buddy to drive you - road trip man! I've done it three times from as far away as FL - I'm in ME. The travel costs will offset the savings but you can do the cost/benefit analysis. Also, once you have a quote in hand your local guy may change his mind. Good hunting!

I just bought a 13 base hatch with Fogs and locking wheel nuts in ISM for 24,789 OTD. Check TruCar.com and you'll that's at the extreme left end of the curve. It can be done, but do it before 12/31/12 'cause they really want to get their year end numbers.
    Last edited by BMOC; 12-20-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    Guys, I wouldn't buckle to these dealers. Get your best price quote from LA or PHX or wherever and get a buddy to drive you - road trip man! I've done it three times from as far away as FL - I'm in ME. The travel costs will offset the savings but you can do the cost/benefit analysis. Also, once you have a quote in hand your local guy may change his mind. Good hunting!

I just bought a 13 base hatch with Fogs and locking wheel nuts in ISM for 24,789 OTD. Check TruCar.com and you'll that's at the extreme left end of the curve. It can be done, but do it before 12/31/12 'cause they really want to get their year end numbers.
    $24xxx otd? Show your invoice please

I got mine for around 25k before adding the exhaust and boost gauge. I had another dealership fighting for my business which greatly helped the situation. I bought mine from the Sharrett in Hagerstown. Right now they have the sedan grey and the plasma blue hatch. I think they just sold a blue hatch but im not sure if its still there or not.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

the dealership just sold the car i wanted to someone else, now they want to sell me their limited satin white 5 door...looks like the only way i can get the color i want is to place an order.

good luck friend

i can tell you from my experience anyway, that if you find the car you want and know what you are willing to pay, then jump on it. they do sell quickly.

I'll send a pic on the sticker and the sales order

So I decided to eliminate DGM from my list since there are none in Virginia. I'm thinking about getting an Ice Silver since I haven't seen anyone with it in NOVA

SWP is the best color
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

sticker and sales order

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    $24xxx otd? Show your invoice please
    Sticker with options and delivery 27,004. Sales sheet (a little hard to read) so I'll add some detail - original sales price OTD 24,500.11. The car the dealer got for me had fogs and locking wheel nuts which I paid at cost (actually I ended up not paying for the lugs - not sure why). The 289.89 that he listed on the DOC line are the fog lamps. So the total before sales tax and title fee was 24,790.00.

If I were to do it again I'd probably save the 289.89 - the fogs are really poor - must be an upgrade lamp somewhere. Hope this helps - Good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1550.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	110535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	110534

right now there are 955 new wrxs on cars.com - just one of the mega sites. Somebody wants to sell you a car at a price you're willing to pay. I paid just about invoice or below (they have a bunch of incentives and hold-backs that they don't tell you about). Bottom line is you should never have to pay retail (although a lot of people do).

Quote Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
    Sticker with options and delivery 27,004. Sales sheet (a little hard to read) so I'll add some detail - original sales price OTD 24,500.11. The car the dealer got for me had fogs and locking wheel nuts which I paid at cost (actually I ended up not paying for the lugs - not sure why). The 289.89 that he listed on the DOC line are the fog lamps. So the total before sales tax and title fee was 24,790.00.

If I were to do it again I'd probably save the 289.89 - the fogs are really poor - must be an upgrade lamp somewhere. Hope this helps - Good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1550.jpg 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	110535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	110534
    OTD means out the door price which was a good bit more than $24,789 that you said.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

How you mean that? you don't count sales tax (if you live in NH or non tax state you don't have it). The only thing on top of the price I quoted was 33 for title fee , 1 for temp tag - these are fees to the state, not the dealer. I also get to pay excise tax of about 2.5 % to my town before I pay for the registration. You might want to check you facts first?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast