Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thank you for the info and suggestions. I will be calling my sales person today to talk about prices...

thank you for the info and suggestions. I will be calling my sales person today to talk about prices

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just for a benchmark I got my premium 2013 hatch with the options below for $27,500 (taxes and stuff put it closer to $30k)

arm rest extension
    auto dim mirror
    short throw shifter
    side molding
    rear bumper cover

didn't get a chance to call the sale's person yesterday, but a MD dealership emailed me saying they have a grey premium hatchback for $27,346. Sounds like a good deal, no?

just ask 2 see the invoice make a offer that you think is fair and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by STkiller View Post
    just ask 2 see the invoice make a offer that you think is fair and go from there.
    Did some research and made a reasonable offer of $25,000 but the sales rep. said he cant sell below msrp because of company policy. Is there such thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Did some research and made a reasonable offer of $25,000 but the sales rep. said he cant sell below msrp because of company policy. Is there such thing ?
    Dealer is clearly trying to sell you on some B.S....
    You can get a base WRX for under $24k in Chicago....
    PM me if you would like to go that route.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

what is the invoice for that car? how did you come up with 25k as being reasonable? where have you been researching? and yes the dealer can have pretty much any policy they would like. maybe they don't budge off of msrp. some dealers start above msrp. you have to go with what your comfortable with. i personally would never pay sticker for a car. but many do. to each their own!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    what is the invoice for that car? how did you come up with 25k as being reasonable? where have you been researching? and yes the dealer can have pretty much any policy they would like. maybe they don't budge off of msrp. some dealers start above msrp. you have to go with what your comfortable with. i personally would never pay sticker for a car. but many do. to each their own!
    Invoice : CarsDirect.com = $25,129
    Truecar.com = $25,038
    Edmunds.com = $24,359
    I think 25k is reasonable because Truecar said the average price people are paying for this car around my is $25,808. Starting at 25k would leave room for negotiating.

Any luck???

Invoice : CarsDirect.com = $25,129
    Truecar.com = $25,038
    Edmunds.com = $24,359
    I think 25k is reasonable because Truecar said the average price people are paying for this car around my is $25,808. Starting at 25k would leave room for negotiating.
    Are you sure you looking at the right trim? Premium doesn't start at 24xxx, right guys?

buying a 13 hatch - little bit long . .

I just went through this - might be useful. I was looking at a 12 base with 8k, clean carfax early lease turn-in. The only options were all weather mats ($69) and cargo liner ($69). The dealer in NYC would sell out-the-door at 21,889 way below Edmunds Tru Value which I find is usually the lowest. That doesn't include ME sales tax, excise tax (you get kinda screwed up here on that) and registration. While I was looking around dealers started calling me with offers on 13s. I said I'm looking at a 12 and you probably can't touch it so he offered my 24,500 plus 289 doc fee. I said no and he immediately waived the doc fee and after a few conversations we agreed on 24,500. He didn't even have the car - had to send someone to Norwood, MA., which is why it had 282 miles on it.

Looked up the car on TrueCar.com - that price is right at the very bottom end of the curve. Because it's late in the month and year sales people want to hit numbers big-time because their bonus system rewards them even if they don't make any profit on the individual sale. Right now it's all about numbers of units not profit margin.

So, with that in mind, get half a dozen dealers to complete and hold off until you get the one you want and the closer to 12/31 you get the better off you are.

In my case I ended with a base with fogs which I really didn't want (btw, they're not very good are they?) - which I had to pay for at dealer cost 290 and locking wheel nuts (again at cost 33). For me I would have gotten a good deal either way, used or new. I went the extra 10% outlay so as to start with a new vehicle and make sure that it was broken in properly. I made sure the dealer wasn't sending some lead foot to drive it to ME as everything says proper break-in is critical to long term performance. AND. . .last but not least, it doesn't hurt to do business locally (hometown dealer).

Good luck and remember you are definitely in the drivers seat. Negotiating by telephone is always to your advantage. You can just play offers against each. I know it sounds ruthless but they are try to separate you from your hard-earned money. You want to part with as little as possible. So, don't fall in love with one car (or color, etc.). If you close the deal it may take a few days to get the vehicle (it took a week for me), but you'll be happier knowing you cut a good deal for yourself. Go forth now and be ruthless!

Thanks for your input. And here I am concern about one I am looking at in the lot with 70miles on it. Sounds like you got yours got yours with under 300 miles in the clock. So I won't be too concern about getting one with 70 miles that's at the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Are you sure you looking at the right trim? Premium doesn't start at 24xxx, right guys?
    Base model. The premium I was looking at got sold over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    $1K under invoice or walk.
    That's not even possible in Vegas. The Subaru dealer here is the only one within about 3 hours. The next closest ones being 3.5 hours away in LA, and the. 5.5 hours away in Phoenix. They are ****s and don't want to deal on ****. I refused to pay msrp, usually a dealer will give a little. They shook my hand and said there are ten more ppl outside that will pay msrp, why should we sell it to you for less. They actually let me walk, pre approval in hand, because I refused to pay msrp +++

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    That's not even possible in Vegas. The Subaru dealer here is the only one within about 3 hours. The next closest ones being 3.5 hours away in LA, and the. 5.5 hours away in Phoenix. They are ****s and don't want to deal on ****. I refused to pay msrp, usually a dealer will give a little. They shook my hand and said there are ten more ppl outside that will pay msrp, why should we sell it to you for less. They actually let me walk, pre approval in hand, because I refused to pay msrp +++
    My sales man is not budging either and it's the nearest dealership with the color/model that i want.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast