Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That is def true so keeping that in mind its better to work with a bigger dealer because they can ...

That is def true so keeping that in mind its better to work with a bigger dealer because they can hit the numbers that smaller dealers cant. So they get kickbacks from the manufacturer. Little dealers cant even if its the end of the month so they need to make money. Good deal is also perception i dont mind a dealer making a little money because i sell cars i work 70hrs a week not for the fun of it but because im 100% commision. So if u get it for under invoice tip for the time just my .02

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

great information. thanks for the quick reply, i hope they have a little holiday spirit to lower to price.

What dealer did you go 2?

Quote Originally Posted by STkiller View Post
    What dealer did you go 2?
    Brown's Manassas Subaru. It's the nearest dealership with the car that I want.

Dude thats crazy i work like 10 min from there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude thats crazy i work like 10 min from there.
    So why doesn't he just come see you and you give him a badass deal?

because i sell fords lol. Unless u want a ST its a no go. im not down with the fwd and the seats suck plus fake sound doesnt really do it for me. But if u wanna check one out let me know lol.

Check out truecar.com to see what they are going for in your area. I'm from Maryland and I stayed away from any dealerships near NoVa or Baltimore because their prices were all higher than everywhere else.

If you can get close to invoice I think you should be happy. The cars are in pretty high demand, which leaves us with less bargaining power. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get a deal either though, the car is decently priced as is and you should definitely get what you want when it's in front of you.

Good luck and post pics when you find the one!

I Support ClubWRX
    because i sell fords lol. Unless u want a ST its a no go. im not down with the fwd and the seats suck plus fake sound doesnt really do it for me. But if u wanna check one out let me know lol.
    Haha yeah I actually thought that after I made that post

WRXs are selling like hot cakes for the most part here in the tri state area. I live in LI but I went to a dealer in NJ last week to see a DGM Prem hatch and the dealer wanted almost $31k with the options it has FOR THE CAR ALONE. I said if I pay a few bucks more I'm basically buying an STI haha. I pretty much told them they're crazy and walked out. Did a **** ton of shopping and was trying to get the best price from ~8 dealers and most of them wouldn't budge

Ended up going to the closest dealer to me (they sell the most WRXs within a 30 mile radius), they matched the edmunds price and now I'm set to pick her up on Saturday

us buyers really don't have much buying power 'round these parts

Re: Advice on Buying a 2013 WRX 5 Door

Quote Originally Posted by Seina Yamada View Post
    Brown's Manassas Subaru. It's the nearest dealership with the car that I want.
    I just bought a car there I worked with Meredith and they don't move on prices very much because they know if you don't buy it they got 10 others looking at it. But when in went they only had 1 and I got it the day it came off the truck. I think they have 4 of them now tho?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

I'd say anything close to 25000 would be a decent deal for that area. Start low and keep talking until you get the price you want. Otherwise, leave. Remember to negotiate EVERYTHING. Vehicle Price, Trade in (if applies), options, warranties, maintenance plans, financing terms. If you talk each item down separately you can get a really nice deal overall. Otherwise you may talk one part down, and they will get you on another to make up the money. Also like others have said, edmunds TMV and truecar.com are very helpful for baselines.
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

Registered User Jonney Knuckles's Avatar
    I bought my wrx in Orange Va two weeks ago, great sales staff and Subie people. I got my Subbie for 26.5 after tax, tags, and doc... I don't know how close you are to Reynolds Subaru, but I drove the 3 hours from where I live to go up there.. We hashed out the price over the phone the day before, they are willing to work with you to get the price down. Most of the Salesmen and the owner all race their Subies at VIR. The owner has a nasty 400+ hp STi..

simple advice------------DO IT

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    I just bought a car there I worked with Meredith and they don't move on prices very much because they know if you don't buy it they got 10 others looking at it. But when in went they only had 1 and I got it the day it came off the truck. I think they have 4 of them now tho?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    yeah, they have two sedan and two hatchback.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast