Because sometimes you need to travel 1200 miles to get a car...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Because sometimes you need to travel 1200 miles to get a car... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To make a long story short, the Northeast is completely out of ISM 2013 WRX Limited 5-door inventory. I'm in ...

Because sometimes you need to travel 1200 miles to get a car...

To make a long story short, the Northeast is completely out of ISM 2013 WRX Limited 5-door inventory. I'm in PA, and tried to get 2 local dealers to get me cars. One didn't want to try and wouldn't even move more than $700 off MSRP for an ordered one. The other one had no luck. A dealer in CT also tried to locate 2 cars for to no avail.

I e-mailed SOA to send me the inventory of every ISM Limited 5-door within 1000 miles. The only other ones that showed up were in Florida...5 of them. Went online and checked out inventories at different dealers. To my surprise, Florida is littered with WRX's. Every dealer had at least a dozen in stock. I e-mailed a few and all of them were offering prices literally thousands below MSRP. The only catch is that all the Florida dealers have a $700 dealer fee, but their prices were good enough to not make that a dealbreaker.

Sport Subaru in Orlando had the best price on the car I wanted. Made a deal with them on the phone and got all the financing straightened out. I was not keen on the idea of putting 1200 miles on my new car to get it home after flying down to Florida. Luckily, the Amtrak Auto Train runs from Orlando to Alexandria, VA. Booked an early plane ticket as well as a train ticket that departed later in the evening that same day.

Flew down to Orlando where the dealer picked me up at the airport. Did all the paperwork and was out of the dealership within an hour. Drove 30 mins to the train station and loaded the car up. 18 hours later, me and my car were in Virginia. After that, all it took was a 3.5 hour drive to get me home. Did all of this on Friday, and now I have myself a nice, new (and fun) 2013 WRX

A few pictures:

Dude drove the car so fast out of the train that I didn't even get a chance to zoom out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now thats a cool story!
    Enjoy it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quite a journey. Congratulations.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Congrats!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Wow! That's one heck of a journey to get a new car. Congrats on the new ride. Where at in PA?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

It was a hell of a day. I've never put a car on a train, or even rode a train for 18 hours for that matter, so that was definitely an experience. I'm in Allentown.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet car! I wonder which pictures are from florida...? lol
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Glad you got exactly the car you wanted. Weird though that they couldn't locate one closer because the dealer closest to my place has a couple of silver ones and the one by my parents house has one as well. I'm just on the other side of the state.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh, I would have just not bought a WRX.

Some day I want to travel that far to get a car and drive it back. Not to get some awesome car that I have always wanted, but to know that I have that amount of extra time on my hands to spend it driving my car back. Glad you got the car you wanted, and a story too.
    Ryan

Rarrior's '07 WRX Limited Journal

Some say he has never owned an Alfa Romeo.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was up at that dealership(Sport Subaru of Orlando)getting my oil changed a couple of weeks ago and they had at least over a dozen new 2013 Wrx and sti's just waiting for a home. Congrats on the new car.
    Last edited by WrxPower; 12-10-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Yea, you guys in Florida are lucky. The market is saturated with WRX's down there. One dealership I looked up online had 23 WRX's in stock. Florida needs to share some WRX love with the Northeast!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's funny how some dealerships down here have so many but yet it's a rare sight to see a Wrx or sti on the road, at least where I'm at. I might see one maybe two on the road on a good week. Not including the weekly meet.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Congrats on the new car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.