new to subaru, might buy this. looking for some advice

This is a discussion on new to subaru, might buy this. looking for some advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so im going to look at this 03 wrx this weekend. ive never had a subaru. and dont know much ...

new to subaru, might buy this. looking for some advice

so im going to look at this 03 wrx this weekend. ive never had a subaru. and dont know much about them, just that theyre good cars and hold their value. so im not sure of what to look for on this car. like some of the common problems.

heres the add:

I have an '03 Sonic Yellow WRX Sedan for sale. The car has 120,xxx miles on it, and the longblock was replaced at about 80k due to some knocking. The longblock that is in the car now only had 40k on it and I have had absolutely no problems with it since, so it has roughly 80k on it now. Almost all of these miles are highway as I've driven back and forth to Portland or Westbrook from Auburn almost daily in this thing, either for school or work. This car also has a rebuilt title, from before I purchased the car. HOWEVER, this has had no effect on the function of the vehicle.

There are parts that had been repainted before I bought the car and unfortunately the paint wasn't done very well (no prepping or priming on some parts). I lost some paint on the sideskirts going through a car wash and some from the front bumper as well. The hood has started to fade (which was also repainted). Also, you can see where whichever previous owner decided to debadge the trunk, again something paint would fix.

Other than that I replaced the pads and rotors two summers ago, installed a new hub/wheel bearing on the front driver's side, the radiator, the ICV, struts with groupN mounts, the front O2 sensor, clutch/flywheel, and turbo. The turbo didn't blow, but it was starting to cause smoking at start up and I had a low mileage stock turbo I had purchased for my project car.

The car has the oem front lip and skirts installed, the oem wrx side skirts installed and I have the oem rear diffuser and skirts if you want to purchase separately, which don't match the color of the car. It has kartboy endlinks which replaced the stock links last year. I have a set of Tein S-tech springs that could possibly go with the car. The Tein springs are off an STi, so you would just need STi rear tophats in order to make them fit.

It has a Cobb catted DP mated to the stock midpipe and a Prodrive oval tipped exhaust. It has good volume; it's not loud, but it definitely not stock. It has a K&N cold air intake. It will have a stock recirc. valve when it sells. The car has a GMC boost control solenoid installed and the car was tuned for it. It is a very safe tune running 16-17 lbs of boost. There are also lightweight pulleys installed (Cobb brand, I believe). It has the oem Lamco boost gauge on the steering wheel. It also has a front strut tower bar and an STi hood scoop.

There are a couple of small soft dents around the car, nothing that shouldn't be able to be pulled out I don't believe. There is no rust on the car.

The interior definitely isn't 100%, but it's in pretty good condition.

It has a set of 17" Prodrive wheels with Hankook Ventus v12s with probably about 75% tread. I have the stock wheels that could possibly go with the car, but the winter tires on these are worn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Ge3I83J25E75S05Mfcb1c8339ec7a8831382.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	110180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Kd3Ia3Lc5N75Ke5Mccb186bfa01d58791fb1-1.jpg 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	110181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3kc3Mb3N55Nd5I35W3cb1dad5efe7bc141b72.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	110182

.... hes asking 6k. said i could get it for 5k. im not too worried about the salvage title. i know to obviously make sure the frames not tweaked or anything. just not sure if the cars worth that. also i know this has prob been asked but im new to this forum and not sure how to manuever around it but about how much horspower would this have and all wrx models are awd right?

just lookin for some help and info. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All Subarus are AWD except the new BRZ.

The car isn't that highly modded, which is definitely something to stay away from. With that kind of mileage and given the sketchy history of the car, it's not something that anybody can say is a good or bad buy without looking at it. I'd definitely want a mechanic to go over it to see what kind of condition it's really in.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading