New WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. I'm brand new to Subaru and to this forum. Just picked up my new WRX last night and ...

New WRX Owner

Hello all. I'm brand new to Subaru and to this forum. Just picked up my new WRX last night and stumbled onto clubWRX tonight. WOW! My Honda Accord never drove like this. Got the last WRX on the dealer's lot, a blue base model (BTW, the base model is not so base). Had to have it. Oh, so this is what a car should drive like. I just turned 63 so I guess the 'boy racer' in me is still alive. Safe driving to you all and I'm looking forward to dropping in from time to time to chat and to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

New WRX Owner

Congrats, welcome!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum. and congrats. Where in NJ?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Congratz on the new WRX. Nice color.

4 door or 5 door? pics?

I agree, you get a lot for a "base model".

I picked up a 5door Black 2013 base model few weeks ago.

Welcome! May the boy racer in you never die! I'm 45 and still race my motorcycle at the track and hope to be doing that as long as I can throw my leg over.
    I had an 03 Eclipse before I bought my STi and there's definitely a big difference between "sports" cars and SPORTS cars. You certainly get a pretty good bang for your buck with these. Enjoy sir!

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    Welcome! May the boy racer in you never die! I'm 45 and still race my motorcycle at the track and hope to be doing that as long as I can throw my leg over.
    I had an 03 Eclipse before I bought my STi and there's definitely a big difference between "sports" cars and SPORTS cars. You certainly get a pretty good bang for your buck with these. Enjoy sir!
    Thank you all for your kind welcome. I have a 5 door. I live in Union County, NJ.

Nice choice, I'm little behind you at 51 years of age. No need to go mod it out crazy. I just put a foam Perrin drop-in filter and Cobb AccessPort on my 2013 WRX and it is just fantastic! Having more fun than my 07 BMW 335i Dinan S2 coupe; that had 348 HP to the wheels!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on your new found racer inside! Have fun and speed safe.. I meant to say drive safe
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post

What bike do you race? In the Formula 40 with all the other old farts? These days mine just sit in the garage and collect dust.

Quote Originally Posted by lidprop View Post
    Just picked up my new WRX last night and stumbled onto clubWRX tonight. WOW! My Honda Accord never drove like this.
    Welcome!

HAH! I'm in the same boat. Finally going to put my '00 Accord up for sale after 6 years. I'm a 23 y/o picking up my DGM '13 WRX 5dr on tuesday. CAN'T WAIT. My mind is ready to be blown

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    What bike do you race? In the Formula 40 with all the other old farts? These days mine just sit in the garage and collect dust.
    I have a CBR954 and tried going novice in WERA, but man, some of those guys are fast and I'm not small and light like most of those jockeys!
    I pretty much just stick with tracks days now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

congrats and welcome!
    Bryan | Stink-Eye Mob #265

07 Impreza Outback Sport, 5spd
    Sad I don't have this anymore:
    2012 WRX Premium, Plasma Blue Pearl hatch, Stage 1+
    check out my build thread

Thanks. Nice to hear from you all. Although my car has less than 100 miles I seem to be getting a bit of vibration up front at around 65-70mph. Is this a tire balance problem or something else? I'm completely new to WRX and AWD vehicles and their handling aspects and quirks. Any thoughts? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.