New WRX Owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; usually tire balance, could be a bent wheel though. Take it back to the dealership in my opinion... Welcome by ...

I Support ClubWRX
    usually tire balance, could be a bent wheel though. Take it back to the dealership in my opinion...

Welcome by the way!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lidprop View Post
    Thanks. Nice to hear from you all. Although my car has less than 100 miles I seem to be getting a bit of vibration up front at around 65-70mph. Is this a tire balance problem or something else? I'm completely new to WRX and AWD vehicles and their handling aspects and quirks. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    I had a bit of tire vibration when I first picked up my WRX as well but it went away quickly after I put some miles on it. Just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve then I recommend you head over to the dealer. Congrats to you as well!

+1

My steering and tire feel all even out after 1200 miles; mostly highway. Just had the summer tires removed today and all-season tires (lessor Kumho 4X tires) installed. I will post a report on how well the new tires feel after I get to drive the car some on the weekend. I commute every day on my BMW K1600GT so the car is just my all weather vehicle used mostly for trips and shopping runs.

Thank you for your input. I feel a little better reading your comments. I called the dealer and am heading over at the end of the week to have them take a look just to be safe. All your advice is greatly appreciated.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    I have a CBR954 and tried going novice in WERA, but man, some of those guys are fast and I'm not small and light like most of those jockeys!
    I pretty much just stick with tracks days now.
    Yep, I found WERA was much faster than the other regional race orgs as well as CCS. Bet you would find "slower" competition if you raced a SV650. Agreed on track days, safer, slower, etc. O to be young again....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.