Felt pad/insert in the center console 2011-2013 WRX?

This is a discussion on Felt pad/insert in the center console 2011-2013 WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I purchased a 2013 WRX 5 door about 3 weeks ago. I noticed in the center console its just plastic ...

Felt pad/insert in the center console 2011-2013 WRX?

I purchased a 2013 WRX 5 door about 3 weeks ago. I noticed in the center console its just plastic on the bottom and I see two bolts recessed. On my 2011 Outback and other older Subaru's they all had a felt type insert to help pad the bottom, prevent plastic from scratching and prevents loose coins or whatever from sliding around as easy. I keep as GPS in it when not in use so the padding would be nice like it had in my Outback.

So my question is did your 2011-2013 WRX come with the felt pad in the center console? I looked at a STI at a dealership and it has it but all the WRX were locked so I didn't get to check.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope. Mine didn't although I never would have even thought about it if you hadn't brought it up. Random junk ends up in there as well as my AccessPort so I hardly ever even open it.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I don't think I've seen the bottom of that in quite a while (I keep a small and very basic emergency med kit in there) but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any type of cover. Wouldn't be too hard to make one though.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"