2012 wrx hatch vs hyundai genesis coupe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx hatch vs hyundai genesis coupe within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ive been snooping around the forums for a few months now and the wrx community on this site sold me ...

Unhappy 2012 wrx hatch vs hyundai genesis coupe

ive been snooping around the forums for a few months now and the wrx community on this site sold me on how awesome a wrx is! i finally got to sit in one at the la auto show but i didnt quite fit? im 6'2 220 i fit comfortably but when i reach for the clutch my knees hit the steering wheel after sitting in several MT transmission cars i realized i dont fit very well. i tried out a genesis coupe with automatic/fancy electric manual i fit a bit better and it costs about the same? im open to any opinions or advice. a wrx would be my first MT car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm 6'0" 250 and have ZERO problems fitting in my car and I have fairly long legs. My friends who are 6'4" and 6'6" respectively, drive my car with no problems. Are you sure you had the seat all the way back?

If your legs are still too long after moving all the way back, you should look into a career as a swimsuit model.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX

2012 wrx hatch vs hyundai genesis coupe

If you don't fit, that's that. Find a car that fits.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i thought i did? i got rushed out by a 12 year old and his parents when i was messing with the seats. everyone in my family says you start to get leg pain when driving MT in traffic though? i guess ill just start practicing to see if i can test drive it

haha i didnt see the swimsuit model comment coming!

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

during your test fit, did you try adjusting the steering wheel up? it also tilts btw.

as far as the leg pain, im 23 with no signs of leg pain, not from driving my sti in traffic at least. its just more annoying lol. sometimes i drive like semi trucks, just leave it in 1st and let it coast instead of stopping and going.

if they rushed you out, i say find another salesman or another dealer for that matter.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s
    Are you sure you had the seat all the way back?
    Two things to check when you go back: Seat back. Steering wheel up.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio27
    everyone in my family says you start to get leg pain when driving MT in traffic though? i guess ill just start practicing to see if i can test drive it
    A prolonged stretch of stop/go traffic (where you're not sitting at stop lights, and can throw the car in neutral) will put some wear on your left leg. As with any form of exercise, if you do it often, you'll get used to it. Also, the advice of impretzel of not riding someone's ass in these situations will help minimize the amount of time you spent pushing the clutch (and straining your left leg).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    m 6'2 225 and all the way back is way a tad far back for my arms, though my legs are fine. Your Wrists should be over the top of the steering wheel is how you should space your self.

Yes, even all the way back my knees could touch the steering wheel but my Right foot is angled for the gas and brake so that this is not an issue. For the Clutch all the way at the top it can interfere with the steering wheel but naturally your knees are angled out so its not an issue.

I have never hit the steering wheel with my knees or interfered with my driving in any way.
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 12-04-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

Sounds like it had less to do with the seat being far enough forward/back and more to do with the steering wheel most likely being tilted too far down.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Try the suggestions, and if you don't fit you just don't fit. If you end up being more comfortable in the genesis, get that. They are good cars and you'll have fun in it, but it most certainly isn't a WRX
    '11 WRX DGM

I'm 6'-1", and I fit fine in my hatch. It's actually pretty comfortable.

I drive in Boston stop and go traffic one or two times a week, and the first week my leg was a bit tired. After that, I was fine. You really get used to manual. This is my first manual DD (i've had others, but not as a daily), and it's actually quite nice and more fun/involving to drive.

To me, it sounds like you need to figure out what the car is for. I have a hard time comparing any coupe to any hatch in anything but scientific performance numbers. For me, i had to ask the questions: can a coupe fit 2 kids in car seats? Can a coupe fit a dish washer in the back? But does this matter to you? Those are the questions we can't answer for you.

im 6'6" 220 and have zero problems also.....
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    A prolonged stretch of stop/go traffic (where you're not sitting at stop lights, and can throw the car in neutral) will put some wear on your left leg. As with any form of exercise, if you do it often, you'll get used to it. Also, the advice of impretzel of not riding someone's ass in these situations will help minimize the amount of time you spent pushing the clutch (and straining your left leg).
    That is indeed good advice. I had to get used to my WRX's clutch again in traffic, after getting my ACT unit. I was unaware of it after 2 weeks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Eat more salad... I gotta practice what I preach though haha

Registered User Jonney Knuckles's Avatar
    I'm built like a refrigerator @ 6'4" 305lbs and fit nicely with the seat all the way down slightly reclined (not gangsta style) and the steering wheel all the way up. I haven't had any leg pains, but I've been driving 4 and 5 spds since before I got my license.

My 09 has steering adjustable up/down and in/out. I have the wheel all the way out and pretty much right at bottom. Works fine for me, I'm 6.0 with relatively long legs.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast